04-22-2010, 11:05 AM
moved

wonkaticket
04-22-2010, 11:25 AM
BST

I think the "T" in BST means trade correct? :confused:

milkit1
04-22-2010, 11:59 AM
Ugh. Ill refrain from replying with an equally smart comment and just say: please look at the other thread. If Leon wants to move this then no biggie. I feel we should have this trade thread here so everyone has one thread to see who has what to trade and don't have to rummage through a thousand threads to figure out who had that particular t206 they wanted.

wonkaticket
04-22-2010, 12:08 PM
Not smart just being honest find it odd for the mainboard thought the rules were simple no deals on this side..not sure why having this here is any better than in the BST..that's all.

John

collectbaseball
04-22-2010, 12:08 PM
I love my beaters and think a thread is a decent idea...

But I have bought and sold a few low grade cards on the B/S/T as it currently stands, and I think a thread like this belongs there (if it exists at all). What's the difference if it's a single thread in this section or on the B/S/T? If someone is looking to trade chances are they are going to be looking over there... not here.

Jim VB
04-22-2010, 12:16 PM
Sean,

The thread is a fine idea. It doesn't belong here. You can accomplish the same thing on the BST without a problem.

barrysloate
04-22-2010, 12:17 PM
Might you mean "without a problem?"

collectbaseball
04-22-2010, 12:19 PM

I think he is assuming Chicago will post in the thread.

Jim VB
04-22-2010, 12:22 PM

Sorry Barry!!!! :)

Jim VB
04-22-2010, 12:23 PM
I think he is assuming Chicago will post in the thread.

You said that. I didn't :D

milkit1
04-22-2010, 12:29 PM
Couple of reasons its better here
- this is a beater thread that runs the (edited for barrys sake) all baseball. I got goudeys and tobacco for example
-if it stays here, a month or a year from now it will be easier to look in ONE thread to see what everyone is trading rather then going "I really want some low grade t206s and 39playballs...I wonder who's trading them? I better do a search...uh....uh...uh"
- this will hopefully save people like me the time of posting over and over again that they are wanting to trade. I can't tell you how many times I've posted my different wantlists and tradebait.
I started a thread about this already and got some interest. If Leon approves then I don't see a problem. Someone looking past this thread is on the forum is A LOT easier then us poor souls looking for fillers posting want lists an infinite amount of times in multiple card era threads and doing impossible searches.
Its up to you Leon. No sweat either way.

barrysloate
04-22-2010, 12:33 PM
Pssst Sean...it's "gamut.";)

Okay, I'll leave you alone.

iggyman
04-22-2010, 12:39 PM
Its up to you Leon. No sweat either way.

'Hear Ye' 'Hear Ye'

The "Black Knight" will render his decision soon. He is out to lunch at the moment. At the sound of the beep, please leave your name and number and he will get back to you.

Beep!

Lovely Day...

milkit1
04-22-2010, 12:39 PM
Thanks Barry. Now if you could tell my phone not to autospell check that would be great :)

milkit1
04-22-2010, 12:43 PM
beep! Um yeah hi this is sean Mr black knight sir. Hoping the flowers and chocolate were to your liking. Hoping you understand my argument surrounding why I think this thread should be in the forum. I proposed this in writing to be mailed to your holyness and after Barry proofreads it ill get it right out. Also I'd like to BEEEEEEEEEP.

barrysloate
04-22-2010, 12:43 PM
It wouldn't show up on spellcheck because you spelled "gambit" correctly. It's just the wrong word.

milkit1
04-22-2010, 12:48 PM
Well gosh darn you um sher git me thar. slapping my rawhide dizzy dean style.
Editing this cause I just realised when I type in gamut my speller changes it to gambit. However I didn't realise gambit has to do with chess so glad something will come out of this thread. Yay!

Leon
04-22-2010, 01:04 PM
Is it really that big of a deal to have a thread for this on the front page to help out us lowly collectors? Lets do this one thread for a while, don't start any others.....and then we can re-evaluate it in a week or two..... I don't want to mess with the BST but this didn't seem like a bad idea.....heck, it's freaking baseball cards not medical science.

barrysloate
04-22-2010, 01:08 PM
I'm a chess player, and a gambit is when you sacrifice a pawn or a piece in exchange for a strong attack. It has non-chess definitions too.

teetwoohsix
04-22-2010, 01:26 PM
Ok,so it's official-now lets see some beaters!!! :D