PDA

View Full Version : CHICAGO Man of Mystery (2010).

iggyman
04-19-2010, 05:24 PM
Okay, since it's quite confusing following so many Chicago threads. I just want to get a few things straight. Please correct me if I am wrong......

By his own admission, Chicago is an unemployed I/T worker who is not a fireman and is not married to a physical therapist who makes $86,000 a year, but is really dating a woman who has three kids from a broken marriage and both Chicago and his dating partner are on federal assistance. He also wants nothing more to do with cards, because of guys who are ruining humanity and therefore have hurt his feelings; except, his birthday is coming-up and he just might keep his Drum T206 card, unless of course, he can sell it. If he can't sell the card, he has $5,0000 burning a hole in his pocket, which he would happily spend on red Hindu cards and rejoin the hobby but the Net54 community will not cooperate. Of course, when/if he rejoins the hobby, he will now enjoy it with his 3-year old son from an unknown merger.

While this was going on, he did an expose' on Blunder and got him banished for 30 days while keeping the Net54 moderators busy with demerits. Chicago has angered an entire alphabet of normally docile prewar card collectors (Ted Z and David M. come to mind) and made a few "soap opera" followers long for the "Days of the Bruce's." Heck, he has even coaxed a couple of replies from Joann, which is a true treat and next to his 3-year old is probably the best thing he has ever done for the hobby.

Thanks bro! I have really enjoyed coming here and reading about the latest adventures of "Chicago". It's been a pleasure, hope to see you soon on the Jerry Springer show.

Lovely Day...

ullmandds
04-19-2010, 05:45 PM
that was a thorough excutive summary...well done!

Rob D.
04-19-2010, 05:51 PM
I'm not sure what threads you've been reading, Iggy, but in my opinion you're way off base.

I see Chicago as a guy who came to the board and posed a multitude of interesting theories about a wide-range of prewar issues. He challenged many of the accepted theories (some would call them myths) -- long accepted by hobby veterans who simply hadn't done their homework -- in an intelligent way. As a result, many of these dinosaurs picked on the new kid who had the nerve -- not to mention knowledge -- to back up his theories with facts and figures. And he did so in a way that shouldn't have offended even the most crotchety of old farts.

Despite his pleas that he only wanted to learn about the hobby, dislike toward Chicago snowballed, soon becoming an avalanche of hatred that nearly buried the poor guy. For God's sake, he almost left the hobby because of the venom spewed at him. Can you imagine?

Thankfully, he had a change of heart and continues to try to contribute to the board in a positive way. Too bad guys like you just don't get it.

Lovely day? I don't think so. Not when this kind of behavior is allowed to continue.

Chicago206
04-19-2010, 05:53 PM
I'm not sure what threads you've been reading, Iggy, but in my opinion you're way off base.

I see Chicago as a guy who came to the board and posed a multitude of interesting theories about a wide-range of prewar issues. He challenged many of the accepted theories (some would call them myths) -- long accepted by hobby veterans who simply hadn't done their homework -- in an intelligent way. As a result, many of these dinosaurs picked on the new kid who had the nerve -- not to mention knowledge -- to back up his theories with facts and figures. And he did so in a way that shouldn't have offended even the most crotchety of old farts.

Despite his pleas that he only wanted to learn about the hobby, dislike toward Chicago snowballed, soon becoming an avalanche of hatred that nearly buried the poor guy. For God's sake, he almost left the hobby because of the vile spewed at him. Can you imagine?

Thankfully, he had a change of heart and continues to try to contribute to the board in a positive way. Too bad guys like you just don't get it.

At least that's the way I see it.

Lovely day? I don't think so.

Its almost like an unauthorized biography of me! :D

P.S.- The satire wasnt lost on me, but it was some very entertaining reading none the less.

Browncow75
04-19-2010, 05:55 PM

Despite his pleas that he only wanted to learn about the hobby, dislike toward Chicago snowballed, soon becoming an avalanche of hatred that nearly buried the poor guy. For God's sake, he almost left the hobby because of the venom spewed at him. Can you imagine?

At least that's the way I see it.

Lovely day? I don't think so.

Rob - as long as you arent being facetious, I agree. He may not be as tactful in his approach as we would like, but he does have some valid input.

wonkaticket
04-19-2010, 06:01 PM
Wow the Phil show (Chicago206) his very own thread! Super almost like moving up from the farm team to the show..congrats. :rolleyes:

barrysloate
04-19-2010, 06:03 PM
Isn't nearly every thread on the board about Phil?

wonkaticket
04-19-2010, 06:04 PM
Never thought I would say this...but I miss Bruce. :o

JP
04-19-2010, 06:11 PM
When's the 30 days up?

Jim VB
04-19-2010, 06:36 PM
Iggy,

Excellent summary, but one minor correction Chicago never said that I (or anyone else) was "ruining humanity." He may think that, but he never said it.

It was JP who said it.

Bridwell
04-19-2010, 06:50 PM
Best thread! Love it.

I nominate Chicago206 for the Man of the Year Award for net54! We should vote and give him some sort of prize. He's earned it.

Ron R

JP
04-19-2010, 06:52 PM
Yeah! Don't infringe on my trademark...only I can accuse people of ruining humanity. I tried to keep you on ignore Jim, but I keep seeing too many entertaining quoted messages of yours that I enjoy...

Peter_Spaeth
04-19-2010, 06:52 PM
Best thread! Love it.

I nominate Chicago206 for the Man of the Year Award for net54! We should vote and give him some sort of prize. He's earned it.

Ron R

The Peter Chao Award?:D

Jim VB
04-19-2010, 07:03 PM
The Peter Chao Award?:D

I think it needs to be even simpler.

The Chao!

JasonL
04-19-2010, 07:04 PM
which isn't unusual, actually.

But who is Phil?

And I thought Chicago WAS Peter Chao! no?
Hmmmph

E93
04-19-2010, 07:13 PM
Never thought I would say this...but I miss Bruce. :o

Bruce rarely comments, even on the threads he starts. Hmmm....

SethY
04-19-2010, 07:33 PM
So unnecessary. Im 17 years old, and I'm telling you to grow up?

Chicago206
04-19-2010, 08:07 PM
So unnecessary. Im 17 years old, and I'm telling you to grow up?

They seem to rather want to attack and bicker than anything else. If they arent ridiculing others, they simply are not happy.

Vol
04-19-2010, 08:13 PM
They seem to rather want to attack and bicker than anything else. If they arent ridiculing others, they simply are not happy.
I thought you were done with all of this card collecting madness??!

Blunder19
04-19-2010, 08:23 PM
FYI,

Im not banned from the board..

Blunder Wonder
Out

PS: who has a seymour throwing drum or lenox back? for God sake show yourself.