PDA

View Full Version : Would you get these Authenticated or sell raw??

forazzurri2axz
04-18-2010, 04:42 PM
A collector friend of mine has 69 T206's that came back over the years as trimmed---Most are commons and the only ones worth noting are: Mathewson black Cap Crawford throwing and a couple with EPDG or AB backs---He did not mention in his email what condition these are in; my guess is anywhere from what "would have" graded a PSA 3-PSA 5 since his registry set has included those grades throughout the years until he started to upgrade to all PSA 5's opinions?? thanks bill latzko (I would not spend the money to get them Authenticated but told him I'd get other opinions)

iggyman
04-18-2010, 05:12 PM
That is a tough call. The stars, I would definitely grade. As for the commons, if they are nice with no obvious creases and only a very slight trim. I would wait for SGC/PSA to have a special and grade those as well. I would then sell the commons as a group lot in one of the major auctions. I would bet pennies to dollars that the bidding will be spirited.

Lovely Day...

JP
04-18-2010, 06:10 PM
Bill, send em to GAI so they can all be encapsulated with number grades! :) :)

Bridwell
04-18-2010, 06:15 PM
I'd say don't bother to have them authenticated. Even listed as trimmed on ebay, people will buy them if they look full-size. He can get a decent price, too.