PDA

View Full Version : What's NOT in REA ...and WHERE is IT?!

T206Collector
04-14-2010, 07:44 AM
I may be in the super minority here, but after a pretty decent showing of autographed T206 cards in REA a couple of years ago, I was hoping for a couple of examples. I know there are dozens of signed T206 cards in the hobby and in personal collections that have rarely, if ever, exchanged hands with collectors at sale or auction. When will those show up in REA or one of the other auction houses? Who knows. But I guess I'll have to keep my fingers crossed for another year.

Anyone else "disappointed" not to find what they were looking for in an otherwise abundant auction?

ullmandds
04-14-2010, 07:51 AM
i was thinking the same thing since seeing the REA offerings! where are the coupons...esp type I's...where are the e94's...

Leon
04-14-2010, 08:14 AM
Fortunately there is nothing in Heritage or REA that I need or want for my personal collection. I am bidding otherwise but won't go deep and wide....I only do that on stuff I "need".

T206Collector
04-14-2010, 08:25 AM
Fortunately in the sense that I can save my money, too.... but still.... still waiting to have a chance at stuff I know is out there but hasn't come to market yet.

Peter_Spaeth
04-14-2010, 08:28 AM
Ya, I am in the familiar position of getting swept up and considering high bids on cards relatively down the priority list. You know you're messed up when you are secretly hoping you don't win.

oldjudge
04-14-2010, 08:50 AM
You can't always get what you want
But if you try sometimes, well you might find
You get what you need

Rob's is the best auction in the hobby, but no auction has everything

Orioles1954
04-14-2010, 08:56 AM
Where are the Tattoo Orbit's? Signed 1930s cards? Or Esskays/Briggs?

Dang you, Rob!

JasonL
04-14-2010, 09:08 AM
that you finally have one of everything!?!?:D

sgbernard
04-14-2010, 09:19 AM
B&L had plenty of T209s, but besides the beautiful complete set of type 1's in REA, there are none to be had in any of the current auctions. Even on ebay (or the BST), it's been pretty quiet on that front for awhile.

I always dream about seeing more super-rare southern stuff like H801-7s or E222's in a top-tier auction like REA, but no such luck this year.

Jacklitsch
04-14-2010, 09:20 AM
Not much PCL. No zeenuts. Small insignificant group of e100's and some common 1909 and 1910 Obaks. ;)

Leon
04-14-2010, 09:28 AM
that you finally have one of everything!?!?:D

I am only doing a post-1899, to pre-1950 type set now. Except for a few T206 backs I am down to needing a D355 and D351....and maybe 1-2 commons I just haven't picked up. Nowadays I am acquiring things I like instead of need (hence the 1915 W-uncs recently). If I do get anything to add it is going to be very rare or I can buy it some other time when I have more resources. There just isn't anything I like enough to add to my personal collection right now. Don't get me wrong...there is tons of nice stuff, just nothing I can't live without or nothing I will go long and deep on, I don't think. :eek: I have a lot of bids placed in Heritage and REA but they will be for resale if I get them....regards

uniship
04-14-2010, 10:04 AM
i am waiting for Lifson to get his hands on one or all of these 3 rarities. I've seen them once up for auction in my lifetime and i regret not being more aggressive to get them.

anyway - i know it's post war by a bit, but thought i'd add this as something that is always missing from my wantlist.

rman444
04-14-2010, 10:41 AM
I'm waiting for a Washington Times Cobb :D

How about a Mino Cobb or a T215 Cobb too?

Boston Garter Cobb?

jbsports33
04-14-2010, 10:43 AM
This year the auction is loaded with cards, so those beautiful games and other real nice interesting memorabilia pieces are missing. Still some nice posters and advertising items, especially those D&M signs!

Jimmy

slidekellyslide
04-14-2010, 10:44 AM
Where are the Esskays/Briggs?

Dang you, Rob!

I'm pretty sure you guys have the monopoly on hot dog cards. :D

tbob
04-14-2010, 10:45 AM
Fortunately there is nothing in Heritage or REA that I need or want for my personal collection. I am bidding otherwise but won't go deep and wide....I only do that on stuff I "need".

Ditto. As far as "where are the E94s?" I have said for quite a while that these cards are completely drying up. It's one of those sets that instead of collectors wanting one card for a "type," they get enamored by their beauty and entranced by their scarcity and the fact it is a relatively small set and go for a "set" as opposed to a "type."

slidekellyslide
04-14-2010, 10:48 AM
In another day there would have been a ton of stuff for me to go after, but after cutting down to such a narrow focus there is almost never anything in any of the house auctions for me anymore.

dstudeba
04-14-2010, 11:26 AM
Not much PCL. No zeenuts. Small insignificant group of e100's and some common 1909 and 1910 Obaks. ;)

Agreed. But PCL stuff is crap anyway.

docpatlv
04-14-2010, 11:49 AM
Ya, I am in the familiar position of getting swept up and considering high bids on cards relatively down the priority list. You know you're messed up when you are secretly hoping you don't win.

Know exactly what you are talking about there Peter. Still waiting to be outbid on a couple of items. C'mon guys, what are you waiting for:D

Jewish-collector
04-14-2010, 01:30 PM
There no Guy Zinn Baltimore news card. :D

calvindog
04-14-2010, 01:45 PM
Boston Garter Cobb?

You've got 25% of one, what are you complaining about? :)

rhettyeakley
04-14-2010, 02:06 PM
There is not too much in the way of player pinbacks. Rob usually has a great selection of Cameo Pepsins, etc. but not this year.
-Rhett

Kawika
04-14-2010, 03:16 PM
An amusing comment. :D
http://photos.imageevent.com/kawika_o_ka_pakipika/bbbofsfirstclass/holygrailcards/websize/T212%20Wiggs.jpg

tbob
04-14-2010, 04:10 PM

!

uffda51
04-14-2010, 04:35 PM
That's some Krapp! I wish I owned it.

rman444
04-14-2010, 05:01 PM
You've got 25% of one, what are you complaining about? :)

And, you know, I am not even asking for a complete one to become available. Just the other 75% of mine would suit me just fine!

felada
04-14-2010, 05:09 PM
Where have all the G&B's gone. And what about the Yum Yum's and Four Base Hits?

Misunderestimated
04-14-2010, 07:19 PM
Yeah, and where is that autographed Hoss Radbourn Hall of Fame post-card.... I swear I saw one in one of those big auctions in SCD and I've been looking for one ever since........

M's_Fan
04-15-2010, 10:28 AM
Is it just me, or are the REA auctions heavily tilted towards SGC graded cards this year? Seems like last year there were many more PSA graded lots. I don't mind, as I prefer SGC. But I wouldn't be so happy if I were a PSA collector!

Exhibitman
04-15-2010, 12:10 PM
I'm still working my way through the phone book. While it is postwar, the items that have captivated me the most are the 1953 Topps original art pieces from Sy Berger. I'd love to pick up a few of those.

slidekellyslide
04-15-2010, 12:15 PM
I'm still working my way through the phone book. While it is postwar, the items that have captivated me the most are the 1953 Topps original art pieces from Sy Berger. I'd love to pick up a few of those.

I'm still working my way through it too, and I now think that the auction got an unfair review on the memorabilia side...there is an incredible array of memorabilia in this auction...it just doesn't look like it at first glance because the auction is top heavy with cards this year.

Those D&M ad pieces are incredible....I wouldn't mind having that Fro Joy Ruth standee too!

Leon
04-15-2010, 12:28 PM
Is it just me, or are the REA auctions heavily tilted towards SGC graded cards this year? Seems like last year there were many more PSA graded lots. I don't mind, as I prefer SGC. But I wouldn't be so happy if I were a PSA collector!

Most on this board are "card" collectors......Quite honestly, most times, the higher the grade the less I care.....but that is just me and ALL collecting is fine by me. Just stating what many of us probably thought when we read this post.

Peter_Spaeth
04-15-2010, 12:33 PM

I noticed that as well, and indeed was surprised to read (on one card I am following) that REA had submitted it to SGC because it seems relatively clear that for the particular issue, a comparable grade PSA card would sell for more.

E93
04-15-2010, 12:45 PM
Where have all the G&B's gone. And what about the Yum Yum's and Four Base Hits?

And N167s.
JimB

chris122868
04-25-2010, 03:27 PM
No groups of m116's for sale at REA. I have a rather large group for sale on ebay,if you are interested look and make an offer 128 different m116's. CONTACT ME AT cagard1@comcast.net and i can go lower with no ebay fees. THANKS,CHRIS

Donavon
04-25-2010, 03:44 PM
i was thinking the same thing since seeing the REA offerings! where are the coupons...esp type I's...where are the e94's...

There are definately some Coupons (type 2). Lot #457 is mostly high grade Hall of Famers including Cobb, Mathewson, Lajoie, Collins, & Speaker. Trust me when I say that this is the finest grouping of T213's you will ever lay eyes on (85% of this collection is either the highest graded known or right at the top). I consigned this grouping after 10+ years of trying to find ultra high end T213's (not a very easy task considering the issue). Sorry....but my type 1's aren't going anywhere yet.

toppcat
04-25-2010, 03:46 PM
I am only doing a post-1899, to pre-1950 type set now. Except for a few T206 backs I am down to needing a D355 and D351....and maybe 1-2 commons I just haven't picked up.

Leon, you are down to just 3-4 cards needed for your early century type run? Wow.....

henson1855
04-25-2010, 03:59 PM
I found the autograped HOF postcard of Ol' Hoss

Leon
04-25-2010, 04:35 PM
No groups of m116's for sale at REA. I have a rather large group for sale on ebay,if you are interested look and make an offer 128 different m116's. CONTACT ME AT cagard1@comcast.net and i can go lower with no ebay fees. THANKS,CHRIS

Did someone ask this question or was this just spamming the front page?

chris122868
04-25-2010, 05:56 PM
The head line to this was WHAT'S NOT IN REA...AND WHERE IS IT ? ! Well the M116's in a large group are missing in REA,and where they are at is on ebay Guess you missed it!!

Jim VB
04-25-2010, 06:14 PM
Guess you missed it!!

Pretty snappy answer to the forum owner/moderator!

Leon was asking because your post read like a "For Sale" ad, and we have a different board for those things. Click on "Buy/Sell/Trade Section" in the tool bar.

chris122868
04-25-2010, 06:17 PM
Please read the title before you comment !!!!! VERY SELF EXPLAINED!!!

three25hits
04-25-2010, 06:24 PM
VERY SELF EXPLAINED!!!

I haved a hard time understanded perfects grammar.

Jim VB
04-25-2010, 06:55 PM
Please read the title before you comment !!!!! VERY SELF EXPLAINED!!!

Dear Chris,

I will comment whenever I feel like, not just when it's OK with you. I read the title. I also read, and understood, the 30+ posts prior to you popping on with your little ad, for your overpriced Ebay auction.

When I read your first post on this thread, I thought to myself, this guy's using the main board to pump his own Ebay auction. That's not allowed, according to the rules of the board. However, I also thought to myself, it's a close call, because he worded it so that it tries to fit this thread. So I said nothing at the time.

Leon, however, who is THE FORUM OWNER and chief moderator, apparently had the same thought running through his mind, so he called you on it, politely. I'm sure he was going to let it go at that point. (Maybe he still will.)

You, however, then decided to be very witty, and tell THE FORUM OWNER, "Guess you missed it!"

I was merely pointing that that kind of repartee is OK when you're talking to me, probably not so smart when you're talking to the guy who controls whether you continue to spam this board with ads, or whether you go back to where ever you came from.

How's that for my reading and comprehension skills?

Personally, I'd prefer all ads to be on the ad side not this side, but it's not my board (and yours was a little bit subtle.)

chris122868
04-25-2010, 07:13 PM
Dear JIM , you answered your own question buy saying the way it was worded was ok. I was not promoting my m116's i was stating what the title said,had i been promoting the m116's it would have been on the buy sell trade section. I was not happy with how the FORUM OWNER (LEON) worded it ( sarcasticly) guess i missed it. Everybody should show respect for one another on this board moderator,FORUM OWNER or not. I'm sorry you think that they are over priced,i guess you were an underbidder on this lot last year on REA. If the cards would not have been mine i'm sure there wouldn't have been a problem,sorry i ruffled your feathers. CHRIS

chris122868
04-25-2010, 07:17 PM
Also i like how you bring up (LEON'S name FORUM OWNER) just to stir the pot!!!

Jim VB
04-25-2010, 07:28 PM
Dear JIM , you answered your own question buy saying the way it was worded was ok. I was not promoting my m116's i was stating what the title said,had i been promoting the m116's it would have been on the buy sell trade section. I was not happy with how the moderator (LEON) worded it ( sarcasticly) guess i missed it. Everybody should show respect for one another on this board moderator or not. I'm sorry you think that they are over priced,i guess you were an underbidder on this lot last year on REA. If the cards would not have been mine i'm sure there wouldn't have been a problem,sorry i ruffled your feathers. CHRIS

I didn't say it was OK. I said it was borderline. There's a difference that you don't see. You're one of those guys that comes along, uses the board for commercial purposes and then thinks it's OK to skirt the rules. This board is mostly made up of guys who want to talk abour baseball cards. In the year you've been here, almost 80% of your posts are trying to sell us something. You rarely post on the main board, unless it's a contest.

By the way, I agree we should all have respect for items listed on the BST. If you listed yours there, I would have had respect for it. Posts on the main board, that don't belong there, should be pointed out. Leon did that.

And no, I wasn't the underbidder on this lot, or any other M116's. I don't particularly like that set.

And finally, yes, had it been someone else's auction there would have been no problem, but it's not someone else's auction. It's yours and the consensus of the board is that you should NOT use the main page to hype your own Ebay auctions.

Keep up the good attitude. I predict you won't be around long if it doesn't improve.

chris122868
04-25-2010, 08:04 PM
I didn't know 2 people were a consensus on this board of aprox. 150 give or take a few.

Peter_Spaeth
04-25-2010, 08:07 PM
In matters of rules violations I always defer to Jim VB. :D

Jim VB
04-25-2010, 08:11 PM
In matters of rules violations I always defer to Jim VB. :D

Always a poor decision on your part! :D

Funny thing is, I wasn't "calling him" on a rules violation. Leon did.

I was cautioning his that this might not be the time to get sassy to Leon, given the fact that he was in the wrong to start with.

Jim VB
04-25-2010, 08:15 PM
I didn't know 2 people were a consensus on this board of aprox. 150 give or take a few.

A consensus can be 1, if that 1 is the guy who owns the board. But in the meantime, you might want to click on the section called Net 54 Forum FAQ & Rules. From there:

"Posts offering to buy, sell, or trade items should be made in the appropriate Buy/Sell/Trade index. This includes posts for items appearing in on-line auctions like eBay, Mastro, Lipset, etc. B/S/T posts in the VBC Forum will be deleted.

philliesphan
04-26-2010, 08:58 AM
Seems like ever since the set was sold off, that the availability of T215 Pirates have essentially vanished from the hobby. Not that there have ever been many examples circulating to begin with.

m

Rob D.
04-26-2010, 09:11 AM
I will look through the cards I have for sale, and if I find any T215 Pirates I'll post them in my eBay store.

Leon
04-26-2010, 09:34 AM

First of all you WERE spamming on the front page, with your ebay auctions. That is not debatable. It is what it is. Secondly, there are a few more than 150 people on this board. We get over 3400 unique IP's a day hitting it. We have close to 2000 registered, real users. That is a bit over 150. Either you can follow the rules or not be here. Either way is fine by me. If you don't adhere to the rules then you won't have the second option. I am sure Jim and I weren't the only ones thinking you were just spamming your ebay sales. Thanks for your time.

ps...yes, since you were spamming your sales I was a little bit sarcastic. It wasn't going any further until you came back with your responses like you didn't do anything wrong.....

dstudeba
04-26-2010, 10:11 AM
Chris is right, he answered the literal question asked in the title of the thread, but then again so does browsing Leon's collection. I didn't see a copy of Strunk & White in Rob's auction, but for some reason I don't think Chris has one to sell.

Bicem
04-26-2010, 11:00 AM
If anyone is looking to buy a new house let me know, oh and it's not in Rob's auction.

chris122868
04-26-2010, 02:59 PM
I will say my peace and let it go. When I replied to the post it never entered my mind that I was spamming my auction on the front page. I was simply answering the question "what is not in REA and where is it". Please consider if promoting my M116's was a diabolical plot, I would have placed them in the buy-sell-trade section first followed by bumping it to the top routinely. Finally, I appreciate the gentleman who was willing to go against the machine.

Chris

Peter_Spaeth
04-26-2010, 03:30 PM
I did not have sex with that woman, Miss Lewinsky.