PDA

View Full Version : So I am going through my ebay searches....

Robextend
04-13-2010, 08:56 PM
Sorry if this is a little OT, I do not usually out fraudulent auctions since someone usually beats me to the punch anyway, but I just wanted this one to be known.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1964-Philadelphia-10-Alex-Sandusky-Colts-MINT-SGC-96_W0QQitemZ260585799542QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Foot ball?hash=item3cac1fbf76

I won the exact card listed on April 5th , arrived shortly thereafter and is in my collection. I ran through one of my searches and found the exact same card listed by a different seller. I emailed the seller asking what was up, and I am awaiting the response.

This was my email:

"Hi,

The scan used for this auction is the exact SGC 96 that I won on April 5th and am now in possession of.

1271176-002

Can you explain this listing?

Thanks - Rob"

Has this happened to anyone before? If that's a dumb question, sorry in advance for the ignorance.

Rob

brickyardkennedy
04-13-2010, 09:01 PM
A mistake, like this one, no doubt.

See his one negative, for the past month.

http://tinyurl.com/y3dlllv

celoknob
04-13-2010, 09:10 PM
I wonder if the scratches on the plastic SGC holder in this auction match the one on yours ? Otherwise I would think someone is making fake SGC holders (either this guy or the one you bought it from).

Robextend
04-13-2010, 09:13 PM
I believe it is the same holder I have as well. I recall using Goo-Gone to rid most of the scuffing/residue. Either way something isn't kosher here...when/if I get a reply I will be sure to post here.

JP
04-13-2010, 09:17 PM
The seller, Jed, is a good guy. I'm sure it is just a mistake....sellers often have scans of old cards and don't realize when they use the wrong one...I've e-mailed him myself.

Robextend
04-13-2010, 09:23 PM
Very well could be a mistake, I could see how that can happen. There are 4 on the pop report, so it is a definite possibility.

JP
04-13-2010, 09:27 PM
His records may also just have an error in it and he may think he still owns it. The guy moves a lot of inventory, so mistakes are bound to happen. I promise you, this guy is definitely on the up and up.

mintacular
04-13-2010, 09:49 PM
I too have met Jed on a couple occasions and he is indeed a good dealer. As was stated, he runs a ton of inventory so he may have an oversight. Also, don't expect a quick response from him. He does a lot of shows and his eBay operation I would imagine he does not necessarily check in every day...

JP
04-14-2010, 06:52 PM
Just to follow up so his name is cleared, since Rob sort of introed this as a "fraudulent" auction, "I do not usually out fraudulent auctions since someone usually beats me to the punch anyway, but I just wanted this one to be known."

....Jed responded to my e-mail about this auction...

"Thanks! Must have double listed in my store some time ago!"

....and then he immediately closed the auction. Jed's a good guy, just overworked. Rob, did he contact you as well?

buymycards
04-14-2010, 07:00 PM
If he is using Turbo Lister it is easy to accidently hit the upload button twice by mistake. I recently listed the same Goudey Indian card twice by mistake when I hit "add to upload" twice by mistake. I felt like a real idiot when I sold the same card for the second time and I didn't have it in my possession.

Chances are your item is listed by mistake.

Rick

Robextend
04-14-2010, 07:12 PM
Yes Jed did contact me and told me it was listed by mistake. All is well now...

Thanks - Rob