PDA

View Full Version : Five Year T210 Series 6 search ends!!!

TT40391
04-11-2010, 11:31 AM
I posted in the April pickup thread but I was so excited I had to put this in its own thread. My five year search for a T210 Series 6 Fred Toney has finally ended. I just won the card on ebay! I am excited because I was born in Winchester KY and he pitched for the winchester team. There were three different T210 Series 6's that a seller had up and I am always amazed at the vastly different prices I see every time one of these cards comes up. I wonder if any of the collectors of this set on the board could enlighten me on how tough this card is in series 6 compared to others. I was starting college when I began the hunt for this card and it seems fitting that I found it when I am about to complete college.

Exhibitman
04-11-2010, 11:33 AM
Don't know any of the answers but congrats on the find!

Epps
04-11-2010, 12:22 PM
Congratulations on the card. I was the underbidder on that and the Goostree, but won the Mckernan. Congrats on the Toney though. It feels good to pick up a card that you've been looking for for a while. Now I'm not so mad that I got outbid. Congrats!

T206DK
04-11-2010, 12:35 PM
I was bidding on the Goosetree and expected it to crest $200. I don't use snipe services so I missed my chance at winning him the other night. He is one of the tougher cards in series 6. the realized prices of the T210's onebay have risen lately. I think one of the reasons is that it's being talked about on this board. Everytime someone starts a thread that gets interest about a set you'll suddenly see a bunch of those cards pop up on ebay or in the BST. It's pretty easy to manipulate the market this way if you think about it.

FrankWakefield
04-11-2010, 12:54 PM
Congratulations. And thanks for the message.

This card of Fred Toney is one of the more desirable cards in the Old Mill red border series 6. Toney made it up to the major leagues. He twice won 20 games in a season. He won the "double no-hitter" game that he pitched against James Hippo Vaughn, 9 innings of no hits, with Toney winning in the 10th, I think. And while in the Blue Grass League he pitched 17 innings of no hit ball as he finally won a game, 1 - 0, in 1909.

The Goosetree leaning on the bat card is the more difficult to find of the 3 that were on eBay. I bid on Goostree and Toney, just so they didn't go for way too little.

And I'm glad to know the card is destined for good, appreciative homes.

Again, congratulations. I think you got a good deal, same for the buyer of the Goosetree card. That's a tough one.