PDA

View Full Version : Jamie Blunder's recent BST situation

Leon
04-08-2010, 10:51 AM
The other mods and I feel that a 30 day BST suspension is appropriate for what happened recently on the BST. You need to own something before you take offers to sell it. You don't really need to have it in hand yet but you do need to own it or have the authority to deal with it. It is not acceptable on our BST otherwise. Please keep letting us know of any issues over there and there will continue to be no set rules. Some guidelines might be instituted but they won't be rules. With rules comes oversight and we just don't need more of that, even though some folks think so.

Also, I want to make it very very clear that this thead is NOT going to be used to lash out at Jamie anymore. He has taken the suspension like a man and will continue to be a valuable member of our community. The only reason I am posting this is to let others know that some things will not be let go. Once again, this is fair warning not to attack Jamie.....He knows what he did wrong. best regards

Bosox Blair
04-08-2010, 11:32 AM
I think that is fair, Leon.

FWIW, I remain happily incident-free through many purchases and also a few sales on the BST - a great resource for all collectors!

Cheers,
Blair

tbob
04-08-2010, 11:36 AM
I echo Blair's sentiments completely. The suspension is fair and the BST is a great tool for buying and selling cards. I think you acted in a fair and reasonable manner Leon.

T206Collector
04-08-2010, 11:49 AM
In my mind, Jamie is a real collector who has meaningful value to add to this board. I, for one, will welcome him back without reservation.

Blunder19
04-08-2010, 11:54 AM
Thank you for those words... I very much value this board and enjoy discussing and posting about rare t206s which is my passion.... I am sorry to have wasted so much of everyones time over my own mistake... I look forward to moving into a positive direction...

onto the cards.. as they say..

Jamie

Leon
04-08-2010, 11:57 AM
Also, to be clear he (hi Jamie) is not banned from the main forums at all, only the BST, for a month. His email to me upon getting the notice was something a mature person does that knows they made a mistake. He accepted responsibility and understands. I look forward to his future contributions on the board. It is very difficult to mete out punishment to good people and not something we take lightly. I honestly hope we/I never have to do it again. take care

Chicago206
04-08-2010, 11:59 AM
Although Jamie DID screw up badly, I never once asked a mod, or Leon to institute any type of suspension or ban. I even relayed this in one of the emails Jamie and I had. I told him that I didnt wish for him to be banned, and that so long as he realized his mistake, I was able to forgive. Leon has done what he feels is best for the integrity of this forum, and I have nothing but respect for his decisions.

Jewish-collector
04-08-2010, 12:16 PM
Jamie shows true passion as a collector and has contributed greatly to this forum. I, too, will welcome him back without reservation. I hope he can attend the National this summer and I look forward to meeting him.

Blunder19
04-08-2010, 12:18 PM
Thank you Alan,

Where is the national this year.. I would like to attend.. and get to meet everyone..
Jamie

ethicsprof
04-08-2010, 01:55 PM
I believe that Leon and those involved in the decision-making process have handled this situation justly and graciously and that Jamie has accepted responsibility for his actions in a mature and gentlemanly manner.
I am very pleased and continue to be most grateful for this fine board.

best,
barry

JP
04-08-2010, 02:10 PM
Jamie has been a good buyer from me in the past, and I look forward to his return to the BST and a fresh start!

Orions father
04-08-2010, 04:19 PM
A man that can admit his mistakes is honorable. Have never dealt with Jamie, but would have no hesitation to.