PDA

View Full Version : Pretty big quake in so cal...

thekingofclout
04-04-2010, 05:08 PM
6.9 in Baja Cali. My whole building was rolling from side to side as it is built on rollers. My dog jumped up on me and we just stayed on the couch and waited it out. I though my TV was gonna go down. Damn! Had to last about 45-50 seconds.

caramelcard
04-04-2010, 05:11 PM
Whoa. Glad you're ok.

Hope everyone else is....

thekingofclout
04-04-2010, 05:13 PM
Thanks. There are some people stuck in a elevator in the Disney Hotel on the 32nd floor! :eek:

3-2-count
04-04-2010, 05:28 PM
This thing was big enough for us even here in Arizona to feel which is normally unheard of. After my home let out a few loud cracks I looked outside at my pool.
The water was rocking side to side in waves large enough to being tossed out of the pool 7 to 8 feet in distance. Amazing!! I'd never seen anything like this before.
I hope everyone is safe....

chiprop
04-04-2010, 05:33 PM
Its raining in chicago

thekingofclout
04-04-2010, 05:44 PM
This thing was big enough for us even here in Arizona to feel which is normally unheard of. After my home let out a few loud cracks I looked outside at my pool.
The water was rocking side to side in waves large enough to being tossed out of the pool 7 to 8 feet in distance. Amazing!! I'd never seen anything like this before.
I hope everyone is safe....

Welcome to my world Anthony! I'll take the quakes over floods, freezing cold, tornadoes, hurricanes, etc. anytime.

Best, Jimmy

SethY
04-04-2010, 05:47 PM
I was just on spring break in San Diego for the last week and my plane back to Chicago took off 3 hours before the quake hit! It's Armageddon for me though- our plane was hit with 50 mph winds for the last hour of our flight, just missed lightning, and now its a bad rain. Something is after me! A black cat walked in front of me last night while our car pulled in to the driveway of the house we rented. I'm cursed!

thekingofclout
04-04-2010, 05:52 PM
Damn Seth. You may want to light a few candles sometime real soon. ;)

thekingofclout
04-04-2010, 06:01 PM
The quake was just upgraded to a 7.2 wow!

Orions father
04-04-2010, 06:20 PM
I live in Yuma located about 50 miles from the center. It was one of the scariest natural events that I have ever been in. (usually just have to put up with summers with up 120+ degree weather.)

thekingofclout
04-04-2010, 06:33 PM
Yeah. CNN has said that you guys got rocked pretty hard. Hang in there as there will be multiple aftershocks.

Best, Jimmy

uffda51
04-04-2010, 06:34 PM
In Glendale, 12 miles from Los Angeles City Hall. A little wobbly for a few seconds, twice. Nothing compared to the 1994 Northridge quake.

thekingofclout
04-04-2010, 06:40 PM
In Glendale, 12 miles from Los Angeles City Hall. A little wobbly for a few seconds, twice. Nothing compared to the 1994 Northridge quake.

Incredible Bruce. I'm just down the road in Old Town and my building was rock and rolling!

Pup6913
04-04-2010, 06:40 PM
Damn we got hail and tornadic weather here. Now the New Madrid needs to crack and we will have all hell breaking loose. Last time it went it rang bells in Boston over 1000 miles away:eek:

kmac32
04-04-2010, 06:43 PM
Wow, soon I will have beach front property here in Tucson.

thekingofclout
04-04-2010, 06:54 PM
Maybe sooner than we think Ken. :eek:

henson1855
04-04-2010, 07:03 PM
Felt it in Las Vegas....

batsballsbases
04-04-2010, 07:21 PM
Jimmy,
If you need to ship your collection out here to safe CT. just drop me an email and I will be sure to take good care of it! ;););) Stay safe!

rdwyer
04-04-2010, 07:23 PM
I live by Disneyland, and it was an E-Ticket ride! Gonna sleep in my clothes tonight. Good 40-50 seconds.

Tsaiko
04-04-2010, 07:33 PM
I hate it when I miss these things. I didn't feel anything in Glendale, 12 miles from Los Angeles City Hall. :D

I was recording a jazzy orchestra slap bass, but it wasn't that boomy as to disguise a trembler. My cat came running in about that time, but I didn't feel a thing.

I felt the one in Pico Rivera last month and I was sleeping.

Is it just me, or is the world shaking a lot more than it has in a long time?

carrigansghost
04-04-2010, 08:05 PM
Just alittle wiggle here in Ajo Az,

Rawn

thekingofclout
04-04-2010, 08:10 PM
Jimmy,
If you need to ship your collection out here to safe CT. just drop me an email and I will be sure to take good care of it! ;););) Stay safe!

I knew I could count on you to offer relief in the midst of a potential disaster. Everything is boxed and ready to go. All I have to do now, is wait until Hell freezes over. :rolleyes:

thekingofclout
04-04-2010, 08:11 PM
Just alittle wiggle here in Ajo Az,

Rawn

Is that the first time you felt one in your neck Rawn?

Best, Jimmy

carrigansghost
04-04-2010, 08:13 PM
Hell no I have traveled these parts for 11 years. Please hold a benefit to send me $$$ for relief.

Rawn

thekingofclout
04-04-2010, 08:25 PM
Hell no I have traveled these parts for 11 years. Please hold a benefit to send me $$$ for relief.

Rawn

One of our own is in need of our help.

Please send cash or cards/memorabilia relating to Bill Carrigan directly to;

Rawn Hill
General Delivery
Ajo, AZ.

carrigansghost
04-04-2010, 08:45 PM
Jimmy, I would hope you are not trying to piss me off. I'm sick of the bleeding hearts crying over natural events. I didn't claim huge expenses for the ice storm of '98 at my house although I had major damage.

Yes I collect Carrigan items and am really pissed that you think I would need any donations. If you want the full address, just ask, prick.

Rawn

thekingofclout
04-04-2010, 08:53 PM
Jimmy, I would hope you are not trying to piss me off. I'm sick of the bleeding hearts crying over natural events. I didn't claim huge expenses for the ice storm of '98 at my house although I had major damage.

Yes I collect Carrigan items and am really pissed that you think I would need any donations. If you want the full address, just ask.

Rawn

I'll make it easy Rawn. ;)

CORRECTION. PLEASE SEND DONATIONS TO:

Rawn Hill c/o
Jimmy
General Delivery
Pasadena, CA. 91101

ALSO PAYPAL IS ACCEPTED: thekingofclout@yahoo.com

carrigansghost
04-04-2010, 08:56 PM
Another old lady from Pasadena I assume. You want a pissing contest, go to a Bruce thread.

Rawn

carrigansghost
04-04-2010, 09:22 PM
Never have I accepted nor asked for donations. I pay my way in this world.

Rawn

carrigansghost
04-04-2010, 09:38 PM
108 Gary Street
South Paris, Maine

Please include a note stating that it's a Jimmy donation.

Rawn

thekingofclout
04-04-2010, 09:42 PM

Rawn

I was only responding to your post Rawn. I thought that you were kidding around, who wouldn't. If you weren't joking, what in the hell did you mean by saying;

"Please hold a benefit to send me $$$ for relief."

Then you edit a follow up post to call me a "prick."

I want to try and nip this in the bud, so here is a PM I sent Rawn once it appeared he wasn't kidding and his response to me...
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: Hello Rawn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekingofclout
You don't really think I'm making fun of you, do you? I assure you that's not the case. I'm truly sorry if I misread your comments but I sincerely thought you were kidding when you posted this...

Originally Posted by carrigansghost

Rawn

I don't know how else to read your post here other than you were kidding. I thought we were just have a playful exchange. If I offended you, just say so and I will make a apology on the same thread. So sorry for the misunderstanding Rawn.

Sincerely, Jimmy
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't ask for any special treatment in my collection. I am very focused and will pay for anything that I desire. I do not like to be associated with those that bleed my tax dollars dry. I do not play when it comes to my paycheck.

I do not brag as to my finances, nor do I post my entire collection. It makes me happy and that is all that I'm concerned with. I will send scans of all of my collection to anyone that is interested, I have nothing to hide.

Rawn

My goal is an immediately truce between Rawn and I and would welcome any of the mods to step in. We certainly don't need a repeat of yesterday's events.

Sincerely, Jimmy

showtime
04-04-2010, 09:45 PM
damn does every thread here turn into an internet war of words. calm down people.

thekingofclout
04-04-2010, 09:49 PM
damn does every thread here turn into an internet war of words. calm down people.

I agree completely John and I can assure you, I am calm...baffled, but calm.

Oldtix
04-04-2010, 09:50 PM
That "Jimmy Fund" idea might just catch on...

carrigansghost
04-04-2010, 09:51 PM
Ok Jimmy, you crossed the line posting that. I have no problem with what I have said. Keep posting anything that I say as I will own up to it.

I am a man of my word and can make the short drive if you would like to discuss this further.

Rawn

showtime
04-04-2010, 10:07 PM
I agree completely John and I can assure you, I am calm...baffled, but calm.

i hear ya. i'm another lurker that doesnt post too much but i do get on here several times a week just to be blown away by the insane knowledge a lot of guys post here and the really sweet stories and items found. i collect just basketball from the 50's to now but this board is always fascinating to me. i used to collect baseball but since the mid 90's i've stopped. i'd love to collect some pre war baseball but wouldnt really know where to begin and since i'm more of a set collector i can see myself getting nowhere fast with a pre war baseball set attempt. the past few days has been kind of a bummer getting on here and reading a bunch of bickering. ive seen it before on here and try to avoid reading long threads about stuff that doesnt concern me at all but like i said...the past few days seem like every thread has some mud being thrown. oh well. you big collectors on here still impress me and i enjoy reading 99 percent of the posts on here about the cards i will never see in person.

carrigansghost
04-04-2010, 10:16 PM
I'm not a "big collector". I made a response to the thread that here in Ajo Az, it was a minor wiggle and some self important person had to go somewhere that did not need be gone to.

I will refrain from commenting on the happenings of the location that I'm in.

Rawn

Fred
04-04-2010, 10:30 PM
That was an interesting quake... it lasted for over a minute in San Diego. Not a lot of hard shaking, just a lot of movement.

Ah, baseball season is upon us. The Yanks gave it up and the Sox took advantage. That was almost a 4 hour 9 inning game...

Earthquake and baseball!!!

carrigansghost
04-04-2010, 10:35 PM
I prefer baseball.

Rawn

sox1903wschamp
04-04-2010, 10:37 PM
Ah, baseball season is upon us. The Yanks gave it up and the Sox took advantage. That was almost a 4 hour 9 inning game...

Earthquake and baseball!!!

Beckett retired the Yanks in the 1st in about 2 minutes and I thought to myself, this could be a 2 hour 30 minute game. Not! I forgot these teams milk counts to the max and there were a few hits tonight.

kkkkandp
04-05-2010, 07:02 AM
My son lives in Newport Beach and called while it was happening. He said it lasted about a minute there - lots of shaking, rattling and rolling, but nothing serious. Being a computer geek, he was immediately online to see where the epicenter was and the magnitude.