PDA

View Full Version : Where can I find this kind of box for my graded cards?

tinkereversandme
04-02-2010, 11:27 AM
I got the new Memory Lane catalog and saw the following 1955 Bowman set, all housed in this nice box.

http://www.memorylaneinc.com/site/bid/bidplace.asp?itemid=16787

Where does one go to obtain one? I have completed various sets from the 1950's and this seems ideal. Thank you.

Larry

Griffins
04-02-2010, 11:38 AM
PT Freund makes them, from my experience the cardboard ones (that roop sold and Freund makes) don't hold up nearly as well as the wooden ones -covered in black linen cloth, Roop sold these as well, and are also made by Freund.

http://www.ptfreund.com/

Cowboy Fan
04-02-2010, 12:05 PM
These are nice and not too expensive. I have 10 of them and they do a really good job.

http://aboxfactory.com/products.php?catid=58&category=PSA%20Storage%20Box%20-%20Chip%20Board

Griffins
04-02-2010, 12:17 PM
wow, box factory is way less expensive- thanks for posting.

tinkereversandme
04-02-2010, 12:28 PM
Thanks for all your help! What is a "Roop" and where can I find this item or person? :-) Site? What do you suppose this person's 1955 Bowman set is housed in (wood?) and which company will supply the neat checklist that adorns the inside cover.

Thanks again guys.

Larry

Griffins
04-02-2010, 01:00 PM
MJ Roop was a company that sold these boxes and slipcased binders to collectors. They went out of business a few years ago. Basically they took the same products offered by aboxcompany and archivalmethods (binders) and added a few bells and whistles- the checklist and screenprinting.
IMO you're better off creating the checklist yourself and having it laminated. The couple I have from Roop were full of errors and typos.

sgbernard
04-02-2010, 01:23 PM
These aboxfactory boxes look fantastic, but can you order them off the website? I just tried and kept getting a error webpage after putting in my address, and it says they are "wholesale" only. Is there somewhere else that sells them? I just outgrew my current lockbox and would love to get ahold of one of these...

scooter729
04-02-2010, 01:36 PM
These aboxfactory boxes look fantastic, but can you order them off the website? I just tried and kept getting a error webpage after putting in my address, and it says they are "wholesale" only. Is there somewhere else that sells them? I just outgrew my current lockbox and would love to get ahold of one of these...

Seth, I saw the same "wholesale only" message, but then scan down just below that, and there's a link where you can go to PayPal to pay for it. I just did that and it appears to have gone through; with postage it came to just under 35 bucks for me. Nice price that you can't beat (except when Anthony N. hooked me up with one - thanks again for that!).

Cowboy Fan
04-02-2010, 04:30 PM
You should be able to order from the website I always have. I have always received fast service and my orders have been shipped the next day after ordering. Rick, who is the owner of A Box Factory posts sometimes on the SGC boards which is how I discovered them. The V-Notch trays are awesome too and they hold the slabs (PSA or SGC) with a sleeve nicely and are $5.35.

I have emailed Rick about the Net54 forum and maybe he will stop in and say hello and answer any questions.

sgbernard
04-02-2010, 04:50 PM
Thanks guys, I see the paypal link now and will order. These really look perfect. After this thread, maybe they'll be buying some banner time on Net54, too!

tinkereversandme
04-03-2010, 11:36 AM
Thanks so much guys for all your help!

Larry

sox1903wschamp
04-03-2010, 11:40 AM
wow, box factory is way less expensive- thanks for posting.

I agree and nice looking. Just sent in an order.

calvindog
04-03-2010, 12:26 PM
Guys, just keep in mind that the cheaper boxes you are looking at above are not made of wood.

sgbernard
04-12-2010, 02:26 PM
Hey guys, I just received my box today from aboxfactory, and I freakin love it. I bought the nicer wooden one, in black, it is super sleak looking, has a lock on the handle, and fits my cards really snug. One small complaint: if it is completely filled with SGC cards, then it is a bit small even though it still closes (there's a 1mm gap between lid and bottom), as I think the tolerances are cut to a slightly smaller PSA holder. But this is if you're putting like 120 SGC cards in it. Take a few out, and it fits beautifully and snugly (is that a word). I also had some problems (my fault) with shipping, and the customer service was just fantastic. I couldn't recommend this company more, a perfect box for my collection.

scooter729
04-12-2010, 02:52 PM
I received mine last week as well (shipping was very quick). I got the $27 box, and though not as solid as the Roop boxes, it was worth it for the price.