PDA

View Full Version : Old Judge Auction

mybuddyinc
04-02-2010, 01:07 AM
Great auction, great cards, great results ................... man, those Unc-W's were impressive :)

jeffmohler
04-02-2010, 03:03 AM
I am interested in any dupes if the winner reads this post.

Jeff

JamesGallo
04-02-2010, 03:50 AM
Great auction, great cards, great results ................... man, those Unc-W's were impressive :)

Yea there was a lot of late action on the w-unc's wish I had got more but time for REA. If anyone has any extras though let me know :-)

James G

mrvster
04-02-2010, 05:00 AM
Congrats to Lew and a great auction!!

Just wanted to say congrats to the winner...always the bridesmaid, never the bride!
i stopped and showed mercy, but if the luckey bidder wants to part with the Mclean or any of the cards in the lot, please email me !!

Thanks in advance

Johnny

Matt
04-02-2010, 06:02 AM

It was just me and another board member back and forth on the Thorpe from $5500 up to where it ended and I had to bow out. Great card, he just valued the W-UNCs differently then I.

If the winner of the lot of R318 premiums would consider trading/selling one of them, please contact me.

bcbgcbrcb
04-02-2010, 08:13 AM
Another great auction put on by Lew last night. I was happy to pick up the small lot of 3 - 19th Century woodcuts including the 1873 Daily Graphic w/Cap Anson. If the winner of the giant scrapbook filled with 300+ woodcuts would be willing to sell individual pages, please contact me privately and I would be very interested in several of them.

Leon
04-02-2010, 08:28 AM
Another good auction from Lew with things you don't see every day. The W's stayed a little lower than I thought they would. regards

thegashousegang
04-02-2010, 01:14 PM
Great auction, with lots of nice items. If the winner of any of the Exhibits sets has some dupes...please send me an email!

JamesGallo
04-02-2010, 01:26 PM
Another good auction from Lew with things you don't see every day. The W's stayed a little lower than I thought they would. regards

Leon,

I think a lot of the HOF stayed low because of the really bad centering and cuts. I know that most people would rather have a M101-5 Wagner for the same type of price. I stayed away from several of the lots for this very reason.

I thought the common lots went rather strong and the rest seemed to be in line with the few sales I have seen on these cards.

James G

botn
04-02-2010, 01:50 PM
Makes sense James but with so few examples of each card ever having come to market I think you have to be forgiving. The photo quality is pretty crude and not many that I have seen are ever cut well. I picked up several of the Hall of Famers feeling it was a great value buy.

Greg

Leon
04-02-2010, 01:50 PM
Leon,

I think a lot of the HOF stayed low because of the really bad centering and cuts. I know that most people would rather have a M101-5 Wagner for the same type of price. I stayed away from several of the lots for this very reason.

I thought the common lots went rather strong and the rest seemed to be in line with the few sales I have seen on these cards.

James G

James- Most likely you are correct. I am just the opposite. I would rather have a 25x rarer :) card than one with great centering, as long as it still has decent eye appeal. The centering on these didn't matter that much to me. This is another reason it's a great hobby. You can always collect the way you want to...and what appeals to you.

Rob D.
04-02-2010, 02:07 PM
I bought both lots of Butter Creams for the sole purpose of getting two cards for my master set. If anyone's interested in single cards, let me know. I'll likely send the nicer Hall of Famers and commons to SGC, so if a slab doesn't matter to you, let me know and we can try to work out something.

http://www.oldjudge.com/?showpage=/auction/cards/162/&i=158&p=2

http://www.oldjudge.com/?showpage=/auction/cards/163/&i=158&p=2

Iwantmorecards77
04-02-2010, 06:02 PM
A lot of nice items in that auction. I'm new to the vintage side of the hobby and have added some neat cards from the recent B&L auction and Old Judge. Last night, I picked up the T213 Cobb. It's a card I've been eyeing for awhile. The card looked really sharp and clean and the price seemed good compared to some others I've seen.

matthew
04-02-2010, 07:15 PM
Looks like a good time to be selling hockey cards. I bet the consigner is a happy camper.

http://www.oldjudge.com/auction/hockey/297/