PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Mets: Will it be Another Awful Season?

barrysloate
04-01-2010, 02:36 PM
The Mets are heading north in a couple of days and they look awful. Nobody can pitch, guys are getting injured already, and you get the sense that the front office didn't do enough in the off season (Jason Bay was a fine addition). Is this shaping up to be yet another lousy year for the team?

I forgot to put "Mets" in my title- how do I edit it?

Abravefan11
04-01-2010, 05:45 PM
I forgot to put "Mets" in my title- how do I edit it?

Barry - Once you click on the "Edit" button, click on "Go Advanced" and you can edit the title.

As a Braves fan I hope this year is a continuation of last year for the Mets, but it is far to early to tell. With all their talent they need something to bring them together and I don't see where they have added that in the off season. Winning has a way of doing that so there's still a chance.

barrysloate
04-01-2010, 07:26 PM
That was easy. Thanks Tim.

ChiefBenderForever
04-01-2010, 08:00 PM
I wouldn't get my hopes up to high for the Mets but it doesn't matter, the best national league team wouldn't crack the top 5 in the american !!

toppcat
04-03-2010, 08:23 AM
I like to think they are waiting for midseason pitching but probably not. The rotation is thin, the bullpen too. I would give Ollie about 5 starts and if there is no improvement, then bye-bye. Get Pelfrey going good then trade him while the trading is good, I think he is too inconsistent. Niese, we will see-same with Main who when healthy is borderline unhittable but can't pitch deep. I wish he would just go to the pen and setup in the 8th. Feliciano as 8th inning guy is going to fail.

Offense should be OK,nothing more even when/if Beltran comes back. They have a huge production gap at 1B and RF and C will be below par offensively.

Basically, hope for a GM/managerial change by mid May and then let the new guys run the club instead of the owners getting in the way of everything.

Me, I would eventually trade Reyes for starting pitching, bring up Ike Davis and then wait for 2012.

dennis
04-03-2010, 07:59 PM
this is baseball,the most unpredictable sport.....santana should win 20 games,if the middle relief is decent they might surprise a lot of people.

jb217676
04-03-2010, 11:18 PM
I know one thing, they'll win more games than my Blue Jays!:mad:

KNH
04-04-2010, 05:29 AM
I wouldn't get my hopes up to high for the Mets but it doesn't matter, the best national league team wouldn't crack the top 5 in the american !!

You can't be serious. The Phillies don't just crack the top 5 in the AL, they crack the top 2.

ChiefBenderForever
04-05-2010, 09:27 AM
You can't be serious. The Phillies don't just crack the top 5 in the AL, they crack the top 2.

Yes I'm serious !! Yahoo Serious !!

GrayGhost
04-05-2010, 01:40 PM
Mets 76-86 is my pick..haha.

I feel that their pitching has too many holes. The lineup is better, esp when Beltran comes back. But, too many questions in the rotation, and getting to K Rod in the bullpen. Add to that the Phillies are real strong, plus Florida and Atlanta will likely be better than the Mets, tho Atlanta..is a bit iffy.

toppcat
04-08-2010, 09:01 PM
This Mets team is not going to be good....Blecchhh!