PDA

View Full Version : shoeless joe jackson m101-2

shmikeynyc
03-29-2010, 08:30 AM
i have an original 8 x 10 photo insert to the sporting news dated march 23 1911, i need to get it authenticated in nyc where is the place to go? i was told culver or something like that. i have no idea what it might be worth.should i auction it on ebay or auction house?or sell it here

Ladder7
03-29-2010, 08:37 AM
Send it over here. I have a killer loupe with a built in black light!

shmikeynyc
03-29-2010, 01:32 PM
edited post added scan of item

Jacklitsch
03-29-2010, 01:42 PM
What you have there is an M101-2 Sporting News supplement from 1911. It is not an original photograph.

What I can tell you though is that is a very sought after item and in the condition appearing in the scan may be worth upwards of $750.

The World Series you are referring to was in 1919.

shmikeynyc
03-29-2010, 02:16 PM
What you have there is an M101-2 Sporting News supplement from 1911. It is not an original photograph.

What I can tell you though is that is a very sought after item and in the condition appearing in the scan may be worth upwards of $750.

The World Series you are referring to was in 1919.

thanks i edited post accordingly thats why i put "?" because i dont know what i have ,thanks for your help

shmikeynyc
03-30-2010, 12:31 PM
insert is going to auction on ebay due to partner in endevors desire to capture as much value as possible,i have received alot of offers here but i can not do it and be fair to every one sad to say :( but im letting everyone know to watch ebay its going up tonite. dont know if im breaking rules by advising to auction here but i just wanted all to have a fair shot at it,
thanks for help, Mike

Leon
03-30-2010, 02:33 PM
Yes, you are breaking the rules which I have doubt you read or you would know. All of the buy, sell or trade transactions go in th BST section (icon at top of page). There is a place for ebay ones too. Since you don't know what the hell you are doing it can stay here but in the future please put them in the right place. thanks....the management :)

Jacklitsch
03-30-2010, 04:37 PM
Hmmm...

I think the original post was innocuous enough asking for information. Once the poster knew what had the thread evolved into a notice that it was going to eBay.

Don't see much wrong here. BTJM

shmikeynyc
03-30-2010, 05:57 PM
i apoligize for violations of rules , i just wanted to let all interested parties(received 5 pms offering to buy)and wanted to be fair letting them know where it was going.it wont happen again i should have refered them to new thread in bst forum

Myachelydra
03-30-2010, 06:53 PM
Nice find. Best of luck with your ebay auction.

khkco4bls
03-30-2010, 06:58 PM
wow, leon lighten up.

Leon
03-31-2010, 12:40 PM
wow, leon lighten up.

Sure thing Kevin. I just get tired of people playing ignorant when this (below) is posted at the top of the forum. Maybe if you had to deal with this every single day you would see my side, maybe not.

"Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! Click on the icons below to visit the different areas. Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com. Enjoy!"

******edited to add...maybe I did come off a bit harsh to the original poster so..sorry about that.