PDA

View Full Version : Wow...what a price!!!

mjkm90
03-28-2010, 04:35 PM
Was anyone watching this? I'm amazed.:eek:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320505635918&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

BrockJacob
03-28-2010, 04:45 PM
Its funny Mike, I knew even before clicking the link what you were talking about. I was shocked as well when I saw the price. It must be like the Holy Grail for sand pail collectors. I guess there are people who collect sand pails?
When I first saw it there were no bids and I thought it may be some obscure thing that may fly under the radar. Guess not.

IronHorse2130
03-28-2010, 04:52 PM
That is a lot of money...but a nice pail. There are a number of sand pail collectors out there. My grandmother used to collect vintage sand pails but she never had anything that old (or nice). That pail is quite early and the paint is still in excellent condition.

perezfan
03-29-2010, 12:30 AM
I wonder if sand pail collectors marvel at what we pay for pennants, bats, old games, photos and the like? That said, this price did seem a bit extreme!

steve B
03-31-2010, 08:39 PM
I'm sure they do. I collect a few different things, and few people in one hobby really grasp another. it's common to hear "you paid how much? for a bit of cardboard? ...or stamp, or coin, or piece of bicycle

Don't read further if you're easily shocked

I've paid more for most of the racing bicycles I have and for one lot of cycling memorabilia than I have ever paid for a card or bit of baseball memorabilia.

Of course, the bikes and memorabilia are really cool, and wouldn't even be remotely affordable if they were baseball items

Steve B

FUBAR
04-01-2010, 10:52 PM
i had a buddy pay 7k for a bike frame only.... then had to add all the parts... approx value of bike with parts...11k. Value of his car , $500

Doesnt make sense to me

pclpads
04-02-2010, 01:54 AM
. . . a fool and his money! Oh, wait. That's what they say about us . . .