PDA

View Full Version : Eldreds Collectibles Auction Thursday March 25th

scgaynor
03-22-2010, 07:20 AM
This Thursday March 25th at 10AM, Eldreds.com is having a live collectibles auction of 350 lots featuring over 150 lots of Sports Memorabilia and cards.

Highlights include.
• 1906 Phil Athletics Lincoln Pub Postcard Complete Set of (20)
• High Grade B-18 Ty Cobb & Walter Johnson
• Several 1914 and 1915 Cracker Jack Cards
• Ronald Reagan Single Signed Baseball
• Bobby Jones Signed Golf Book
• Numerous team signed baseballs from the 1940's and 1950's
• 1914 Joseph Lanin Signed Boston Red Sox Contract
• 1950 Bowman Baseball Card Set
• 1949 Bowman Baseball Near Set with many key cards
• Several lots of sports, political and entertainment photographs
• Nonsports ephemera (several great trade card lots)

AND MUCH, MUCH MORE!!!

You can view the auction and find out more information at http://www.eldreds.com/sales/index.php?sale=687

You can bid and follow the auction live at http://www.artfact.com/auction-house/eldred-s-mu8q47sbt3

or if you are in the area attend the live auction at
1483 Route 6A
East Dennis, MA 02641

scgaynor
03-22-2010, 10:17 AM
I have had people ask me a couple of questions so I just wanted to clarify that this is a live auction with people in attendance. It will start at 10AM EST this Thursday March 25th with lot #1 and go in number order. My guess is that it will be about a 3 hour auction.

If you can't attend, please use Artfact to bid. You can follow along and bid in real time with Artfact, or like ebay, you can place a ceiling bid ahead of time. Eldreds can't see your ceiling bid, so the Artfact system will place your bid for you up to your maximum bid amount.

Thanks

Scott

scgaynor
03-23-2010, 05:49 PM
I have had a bunch of questions about the Lincoln publishing 1906 Athletics postcard set so I figured I would just answer them here.

1) This particular set has never been offered before. It was a walk in at an Eldreds appraisal day a few weeks ago.

2) The front of the cards have relatively minor corner wear. A few have moderate corner wear. There are no major creases or tears, but some cards do have some minor creases (1/4'' to 1/2'' in length).

3) A few of the cards have come loose from the back. They all are (or were) affixed with just a small 1/8'' diameter spot of glue on the back in the center top half of the card. On the cards that have come loose, the paper loss is only visible on close inspection. At arms length, you can't see any paper loss. None are postally used. The cards will come off easy, but I suggest having an expert do it right.

4) If I had to put a grade on them, none are worse than VG with many in the EX range (not accounting for the spot of paper loss on the back).

If you have any other question, feel free to call or write.

Scott