PDA

View Full Version : Completely OT - Have you ever had a listing completely disappear from eBay?

Howe’s Hunter
03-21-2010, 10:26 PM
Sorry, this is way off topic, but thought someone on the board might have experienced this before, and have a way of tracing where something went...

My wife had an antique light fixture on her watch list. It had right at three days left in the listing this afternoon, and had four bids up to aruond $40. Then is disappeared. Completely. She has several items items that she either won or lost in the last week that still show up on the watch list, but this fixture is completely gone. Tried just doing a search with the same key words, and search by cost, and it is gone.

If someone pulled an auction, would it completely disappear?

(Moderators - if too off topic, please delete the thread. Thanks.)

Kawika
03-21-2010, 11:13 PM
Several months back something similar happened to me. I am collecting a '30's hockey set and one of the cards I need, Bruins goalie Tiny Thomson, has been elusive. Have never seen a single one at auction save once. One night an Ice King Thompson appeared with a $2000 BIN which was far more than I fancied paying for my beater set. I watchlisted it. Next day it was =poof= gone see-ya. Not in my watch list anymore. Not found in any search. No record of sale. I never did figure out what transpired. I'd be curious to know if you turn up an explanation.

FUBAR
03-21-2010, 11:23 PM
If ebay cancels a listing, it just disappears, same if a seller cancels the auction.. poof gone!

I had an auction disappear with 5 minutes left , i emailed the seller and he told me the card wasnt going to sell for an amount he was comfortable with, so he pulled it, when i told him that was against the rules, he told me to f-off and mind my own business. When he relisted the card, he cancelled my bid and told me never to bid on his auctions again!

RichardSimon
03-22-2010, 06:31 AM
If ebay cancels a listing, it just disappears, same if a seller cancels the auction.. poof gone!

I had an auction disappear with 5 minutes left , i emailed the seller and he told me the card wasnt going to sell for an amount he was comfortable with, so he pulled it, when i told him that was against the rules, he told me to f-off and mind my own business. When he relisted the card, he cancelled my bid and told me never to bid on his auctions again!

This is something I have never seen.
As far as I know:
If ebay cancels an auction, and you try to access it, you will get a page that says auction number xxxxx, listing has been removed, or the item is not available.
If a seller cancels an auction the auction still appears, with a statement on the auction page, saying something like auction ended, etc.

yanks12025
03-22-2010, 07:01 AM
I thought you couldn't end a auction with less than 12 hours left.

FUBAR
03-22-2010, 12:03 PM
ebay may have changed since this happened...... auctions used to just disappear. WHEN I WAS A SELLER, THINGS WOULD JUST GO POOF AND GONE. Im sure people complained so they changed things.

i was on ebay in 1997 until about 2002, not much lately.... I dont use paypal which restricts my buying immensly, so i dont bother.

you used to be able to cancel an auction if you claimed the listing wasnt accurate... regardless of time, maybe this has now changed.. would make sense with people like i had mentioned.