PDA

View Full Version : March B/S/T thread

Rob D.
03-17-2010, 06:12 PM
I searched for an exisiting March B/S/T thread and couldn't find one. Kind of surprising given that we're more than halfway through the month. This confirms my thinking that memorabilia collectors don't flip as much as the card folks. :p

Anyway:

For sale: Cardinals 1964 World Series glasses, set of 8 Sold

This set of eight glasses was part of Lot 444 in the recent Hunt auction:

http://www.huntauctions.com/live/imageviewer.cfm?auction_num=24&lot_num=444&lot_qual=

I bought the lot only for the Cleveland Indians glasses. Hunt was supposed to keep the Cardinals glasses because I wanted to consign them to their next auction, but they messed up and shipped them to me. Rather than send them back, I'd just as soon sell them here.

These come from the estate of Mickey Vernon. I will include a photocopy of the letter of provenance from Hunt/Vernon family with the glasses. Here is Hunt's description of the Cardinals glasses:

Collection of vintage baseball souvenir glassware. (8) 1964 St. Louis Cardinals souvenir 6" tall glasses each with Cardinals logo, "World Champions" titling, and player facsimile autographs: NM. Includes letter of provenance from the Vernon family.

Below is the photo from Hunt's Web site and another I pulled off of eBay that shows the glasses in greater detail. Shipping charge will be the exact total and will be calculated after I have the winner's address.

Payment can be made by check or money order. If I recognize you from the board, I'll ship these the day after we reach a deal to make up for the no-Paypal delay.

E-mails to reserve take precedent over posts and PMs. Feel free to pass along any questions.

Thanks,

Rob

wolfie51sb at aol.com