PDA

View Full Version : No offense to Leon, but...

Chicago206
03-07-2010, 08:27 PM
This auction format is VERY confusing and a big turn off. The banners all said auction ends on March 6th, and here it is the 7th at 9:30 CST and still not over with. I understand your "15 minute window" concept was clearly stated, but the banner says your auction ENDS yesterday. Maybe its just because im not used to this type of format. When will it end???

sb1
03-07-2010, 08:29 PM
The auction was extended 24 hours due to an internet attack on the auction site before the regular bidding ended yesterday about 8:00 p.m.

There is a thread in relation to it below.

Scott

Abravefan11
03-07-2010, 08:30 PM
They had a technical issue and pushed the close back from the 6th to the 7th.

Matt
03-07-2010, 08:34 PM
This auction format is VERY confusing and a big turn off. The banners all said auction ends on March 6th, and here it is the 7th at 9:30 CST and still not over with. I understand your "15 minute window" concept was clearly stated, but the banner says your auction ENDS yesterday. Maybe its just because im not used to this type of format. When will it end???

They sent out at least 2 emails explaining this in addition to the forum posts.

Leon
03-07-2010, 08:44 PM
The auction was extended one day due to technical issues. It will end this evening (or in the morning if it goes that long) when there have been no bids in a 15 minute period, starting at 9pm EST this evening.

For example if there is a bid at 10:01 pm then the auction will have to go to at least 10:30 as there was a bid in the 10:00-10:15 pm increment. Then if there are no bids in the 10:15.01 pm-10:30 pm period, the auction will end. All lots will end at the same time. We aren't sure how long it will go as it's hard to tell when folks will quit bidding. Except for the ending day (today) all other rules are still in place so you might read them if you get a chance. Hope this helps.

Jim VB
03-07-2010, 08:47 PM

If you are registered for the auction, you got several emails explaining that their server went down at a critical time last night. Seeing as how auctioneers need to prioritize and in that case, they need to do the right thing for their consignors, the auction was extended for 24 hours.

Is that any clearer now?

wrapperguy
03-07-2010, 08:54 PM
deleted

Chicago206
03-07-2010, 10:11 PM
Although I personally was not registered to bid in this auction, bidding on an item is being done on my behalf. That would explain why I didnt know about the extra day. Much better....seemed like the auction would never end!

Section103
03-08-2010, 11:50 AM
Just out of curiosity......what time did it all come to a close? I was out of the running very early, but had I been in it, I was trying to guess-timate how long it would run past the initial bell.

Leon
03-08-2010, 12:27 PM
Just out of curiosity......what time did it all come to a close? I was out of the running very early, but had I been in it, I was trying to guess-timate how long it would run past the initial bell.

The auction ended at 2:30am EST......which was in line with the bidding (or lack of, in the final 15 minute segment)