PDA

View Full Version : Hmmm.

Brian Van Horn
03-05-2010, 04:55 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Caramel-Baseball-Cards-1922-175_W0QQitemZ220566906544QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Bas eball?hash=item335acfe6b0

No feedback rating? The feedback for the auctions which dates back to 2008 doesn't bother me since I haven't auctioned in almost 2 1/2 years, but the lack of rating is concerning. The scans? I'll leave that for discussion.

T206DK
03-05-2010, 05:18 PM
It always amazes me that some of these guys on Ebay use such poor pictures when they have such valuable merchandise to sell.

fkw
03-05-2010, 05:31 PM
Wow, $142 Ea.

Im fairly sure they have the cards. I got an email from someone trying to sell them (E120, W573) in bulk (175) to me about 2 weeks ago. I actually pointed them to Net54 to sell them and told them how to do it... but I guess they have bigger plans :)

The guy that emailed me was helping the owner sell them. He is a card shop owner from Wisconsin named Eric (I have full name and email if interested)

If they sold them individually or in smaller lots they would sell faster and for more $$ overall.

Most collectors of those sets only need certain cards, so selling them all in bulk will surely kill most bidders, not to mention most cant afford such a large BIN

PS Quick thinking.....At best.... (with 15%-20% HOFers) I was thinking they might sell.... more in the $50-$75 ea. range ($8K-$10K) That would be more realistic for ungraded and full of commons. its not like there are rare backs (Holsum, Clarks, etc.)

what do you guys thing the lot is worth?????

dennis
03-05-2010, 05:38 PM
frank summed it up perfectly. all i can say is he needs a better dealer to sell these than the guy he got.very poor auction skills.

HRBAKER
03-05-2010, 05:39 PM
Not sure but $10 shipping on a $25,000 item(s) sounds reasonable. Doesn't look like a scam just poor marketing. Should be broken up and sold the old-fashioned way but maybe the seller has no interest and prefers the fast dime over the slow quarter.

rhettyeakley
03-05-2010, 06:08 PM
Wow, does he REALLY expect someone to plunk down that kind of cash when he has been so generous as to scan 3 different commons from the group! He is dreaming at that price. [If he really has them] he would be really lucky to get the $8-10,000 suggested by Frank. There are some HOFers in there but he also has multiples of the same players and a lot of commons.

Nice lot that I would love to own (again assuming real) but the price is enough to scare off anyone, that is if the crappy pictures didn't scare them off first.

I always ask myself where are these people getting these prices from? If you open the SCD or the Beckett Almanac and see a common listed for $150 or so in NM and $50-60 in EX why would you then assume these cards (sold in a huge lot like this) would net you $140 each across the board? It's mindblowing!

-Rhett

Edited to add: Jeff is right that shipping is a steal!