PDA

View Full Version : T206 Wagner in a Pawn Shop Commercial

T206.org
03-04-2010, 10:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrJWv-o2f4s

:D

FUBAR
03-04-2010, 10:19 PM
great commercial, could totally see that happening... what would they offer for it at the pawn shop, my guess is $100, greedy as they are. I dont think they would tell her what she had myself... just my experience from seeing pawnbrokers in action a few times.

ethicsprof
03-04-2010, 11:52 PM
probably won't be too much longer before we'll see the banners out front
of the shops saying WE BUY T206s instead of WE BUY GOLD or perhaps both banners will be swinging in harmony--- blowing the mounds of cigarette butts here and there.

best,
barry

Jacklitsch
03-05-2010, 07:43 AM
Pawn Stars...very entertaining! You have to be a follower of the show to truly appreciate the clip.

I am and I do. Great stuff!! :D

Rob D.
03-05-2010, 08:38 AM
great commercial, could totally see that happening... what would they offer for it at the pawn shop, my guess is $100, greedy as they are. I dont think they would tell her what she had myself... just my experience from seeing pawnbrokers in action a few times.

You might want to watch the show once or twice before drawing conclusions.

Captainhask
03-05-2010, 08:47 AM
Awesome ad....chumlee is the best!

Jim VB
03-05-2010, 09:46 AM
You might want to watch the show once or twice before drawing conclusions.

I have always prefered the "Ready. Fire. Aim." approach!

It eliminates many annoying issues.

Rob D.
03-05-2010, 09:53 AM
Awesome ad....chumlee is the best!

Captain,

I agree with you, though I can't help but notice that as the show has progressed, Chumlee has become dumber and dumber. I realize it's a TV show, but I hope it doesn't become just a bunch of guys playing their assigned roles (i.e. Chumlee gets more stupid, the old man gets crabbier and Big Hoss lazier).

JP
03-05-2010, 09:57 AM
Big Hoss' Christmas sweater from his grandma was priceless!

batsballsbases
03-05-2010, 10:02 AM
Great Show! There was one show they had where a guy brought in 5 1967 Pete Rose cards. All were in great shape and looked very real to me. But Rick said they were fake:eek: Rick said it would be hard to have 5 of the same card look that good. I tend to disagree with him as that happens all the time to me.

GrayGhost
03-05-2010, 10:05 AM
LMAO. I LOVE THAT SHOW and Chumlee is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

T206.org
03-05-2010, 11:24 AM
Pawn Stars...very entertaining! You have to be a follower of the show to truly appreciate the clip.

I am and I do. Great stuff!! :D

I'm with you, Steve! :)

leftygrove10
03-05-2010, 11:59 AM
I've seen that clip before... Those guys are too funny... I remember the episode with the 1932 Quarter... The value of the quarter was dependent on where it was minted... It turns out that someone had removed the original Mint mark (a D I think) and replaced it with an S, which has more value... That sounds like what someone might try to do with a baseball card to rip someone off... They called in an expert who confirmed that indeed the Mint mark was mucked with to make the coin appear more valuable....

terjung
03-05-2010, 12:28 PM
Captain,

I agree with you, though I can't help but notice that as the show has progressed, Chumlee has become dumber and dumber. I realize it's a TV show, but I hope it doesn't become just a bunch of guys playing their assigned roles (i.e. Chumlee gets more stupid, the old man gets crabbier and Big Hoss lazier).

That is the same thing that happened with American Chopper.

FUBAR
03-05-2010, 12:57 PM
I dont get the show with the current cable package i have, i wish i did.

I wasnt speaking about that particular pawn shop, but pawn shops in general. I frequent them often looking for deals and such and have seen how bad they rip people off sometimes.

Now not every pawn shop is the same and i do understand they are taking big risks buying from certain people, it is their money that is fronted and thats why they offer so low.

Remember , it is just an opinion....

Clark7781
03-05-2010, 01:12 PM
I love the episode where a guy tries to sell his replica Roman Legion armour. Big Hoss asks if Chumlee wants to try it on and Chumless says, "Does a bear BLEEP in the woods?" Then, with the helmet on he says, "Man, I feel like I could slay a dragon in that."

Classic Chumlee.

Ah, the mind of the clueless....

curch
03-05-2010, 01:19 PM
thats great! I never saw the show but I think I have to start watching.

drdduet
03-05-2010, 01:19 PM
"Great Show! There was one show they had where a guy brought in 5 1967 Pete Rose cards. All were in great shape and looked very real to me."

The rose cards looked like reprints to me....

For those that don't watch the show, the guys bring in experts all the time to discuss items, and all of this is done with the customer present. It's totally transparent. An expert might say that this is worth $2K and pending what the item is the pawn shop will offer $500 or so for it--take it or leave it with a little bit of haggling. At least the sellers are informed of the items true value.

Jantz
03-05-2010, 11:15 PM
If anyone is interested in watching any episodes from season 1 or season 2, they are all on Youtube and you don't need to set up an account to watch them. About every two weeks a new episode is entered and can be viewed.

Jantz

Exhibitman
03-06-2010, 07:24 AM
Thanks for a LOL moment this morning!

vintagetoppsguy
03-06-2010, 12:02 PM

Exactly right! What a great show! Funny commercial!

jbsports33
03-06-2010, 06:36 PM
I watch the show every week and American Pickers!

Jimmy

ocjack
03-07-2010, 12:58 PM
American Pickers is great fun to watch also. I'm still waiting for them to uncover some great sports memorabilia. Haven't seen any yet.