PDA

View Full Version : T210 Series 3 - Oklahoma & Oklahoma City ??

DixieBaseball
03-02-2010, 01:48 PM
Can anyone on the board confirm these were 2 separate teams or was this just one team ?

Oklahoma Indians
Oklahoma City ?

Thanks,

Jeremy

mybuddyinc
03-02-2010, 03:02 PM
Jeremy,
I have to think they're one team, Baseball Reference:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/minors/team.cgi?city=Oklahoma City&state=OK&country=US

Scott

DixieBaseball
03-02-2010, 08:59 PM
1 City Name or 2 City Names ?? Has anyone ever noticed that T210-3 Series have Oklahoma and Oklahoma City on them ? The city is split out. The question is why ? It is obvious by looking on the cards from the centering at the bottom that they were meant to say Oklahoma and the others were meant to say Oklahoma City. Were they produced at different times ? Does anyone have an example where the city names are different ? A variation perhaps ? Lots of questions, but I may be over Einsteining it. Could be a simple mistake, but I noticed... See 2 pics below :

Bandy - Oklahoma City
Walsh - Oklahoma City
Davis - Oklahoma City

Nagel - Oklahoma
Jones - Oklahoma

FrankWakefield
03-03-2010, 09:42 PM

cfc1909
03-04-2010, 05:21 AM
Great thread Jeremy.

I think this set is even more complex than 206. I have been trying to educate myself on this set for about 2 years now and have only scratched the surface.
Thanks for your help

DixieBaseball
03-04-2010, 06:59 AM
Frank - (Thanks for the Info!) I thought that might be the case, but I like to bounce it against the board of knowledge in case I am glossing over something. I do find it interesting that the Oklahoma cards and Oklahoma City cards appear to be errorless, meaning the word "City" does not appear to be missing or left off, but meant to be that way. As mentioned before, the centering seems right on both examples. Another caveat to stir around is I notice that some players on this team have O.C. on their jersey arm or sweater front, but others such as Nagel have O on the sleeve. (Perhaps the back of the sleeve has the C) It may be as simple as they were referred to both Oklahoma and Oklahoma City back in the day or a simple mistake of leaving off the "city" on 2 of the 5 cards.... Subtle differences, but certainly intrigue me as to why...

Jim - I agree... We know that T206 is the Monster, so I don't know what you call T210, but I find the set fascinating. Especially the unique images of players on the 51 teams represented. Variations, production levels for certain series, scarcity, among other factors keep the hook in my mouth. I have been throwing darts at this set for about 7-8 years now. Like you, scratched surface due to how large is, and I am certainly taking baby steps on it, so I don't get burned out... As FYI, I started with a team, then moved into a few more teams, then into a series, and then into 1 example of all 51 teams which I completed last summer. (That was a lot of fun, as I tried to select my favorite image/player on each team which presented modest challenges, but ultimately made for a nice grouping of 51! I will Image Event it when I get some time)