PDA

View Full Version : B/S/T suggestion

Rob D.
03-01-2010, 02:53 PM
This has been posted at least once before on the main board, but it's been some time so it's probably worth mentioning again. Though not a B/S/T "rule" (remember, there are none), it's more common-sense courtesy.

If as a seller you want to note that a card has been sold, it's not necessary to do it by bumping your post to the top of the list of posts. Simply click on "Edit," and you'll be able to change the text of your post. If you want to change the headline, after clicking on "Edit," just click on "Go advanced," and you'll be able to do it. Neither of these edits will bump your post past ones that still have items for sale, but you'll still be telling everyone that your card(s) has sold.

Just something to consider.

bcbgcbrcb
03-01-2010, 03:19 PM
Good point, Rob, that's how I do it and it works well for me.

Mikehealer
03-01-2010, 03:26 PM
Good point, indeed.

Bicem
03-01-2010, 03:59 PM
bump

Jim VB
03-01-2010, 04:07 PM
Another bump in deference to Rob's PMS.

Rob D.
03-01-2010, 04:31 PM
Another bump in deference to Rob's PMS.

Isn't there an auction for some Trader Speaks that you can go screw up?

Robextend
03-01-2010, 08:41 PM
I agree, and I do the same...it is common courtesy.

chaddurbin
03-01-2010, 08:50 PM
so when browsing the bst you guys would rather see available cards at the top and not all the sold ones? :confused:

Rob D.
03-01-2010, 09:03 PM
Sorry about this thread, Quan. The HGH kicked in, and I don't know what happened.

botn
03-01-2010, 09:05 PM
Thank you for your efforts to keep the B/S/T orderly, Rob.

Jim VB
03-01-2010, 09:15 PM
Don't paint Rob as altruistic. He was just trying to sell a card. And he did. So now, it's all good.

chaddurbin
03-01-2010, 09:32 PM
The HGH kicked in, and I don't know what happened.

rob d.--not legit

Rob D.
03-01-2010, 09:32 PM
Don't paint Rob as altruistic. He was just trying to sell a card. And he did. So now, it's all good.

Actually, there's one left. Coming your way, C.O.D.

sox1903wschamp
03-02-2010, 06:14 PM
Thank you for your efforts to keep the B/S/T orderly, Rob.

Yes, me too and nice "Napolion" Avatar Rob! You were due for a change :)

Jim VB
03-02-2010, 08:43 PM
(but applicable for all.)

More suggestions for the BST

First off, when you list 4-5 items in the same category, at the same time, and make each a separate post, you push everybody else down the page. I've seen guys list 15-20 cards from the same set, but list them in different posts.

Secondly, the terms of the sale should be listed in the post. If a seller doesn't list a shipping charge, I assume the price quoted is delivered. When you send a confirming email and then first mention a shipping charge, you'll surprise some people.

Thirdly, it works best if you tell people how you prefer a response. This board allows people to contact you three ways (email, PM, and on the thread itself.) If you don't express a preference, you have to figure out how to sort them in the order they came in.

Fourth (Fourthly???), as Rob mentioned elsewhere today, when an item sell, don't bump the thread to say so. Just edit the post. If you need to edit the title, click on "Go Advanced."

Lastly, if you opt to be one of the guys who just uses the BST, people here don't get to know you. In that case, it's best not to send the buyer emails calling them names. If one of the regular board members called me a name it might provoke some thought on my part. When someone I don't know does it, it's just bad customer service.

Thanks for your time.

JP
03-02-2010, 09:08 PM
Can I also suggest that when a seller has all of his items in a thread SOLD that he doesn't change the title from

PSA 4 T-206 COBB

into

PSA 4 T-206 COBB SOLLLDDDD!!!!!

but rather just SOLD and erase the details of what used to be there....

If I went to the B/S/T board and saw subjects with just "SOLD" I wouldn't waste time clicking on the threads...which I do all of the time now when people only say that the item is sold INSIDE the post.

Rob D.
03-02-2010, 09:19 PM
(but applicable for all.)

More suggestions for the BST

First off, when you list 4-5 items in the same category, at the same time, and make each a separate post, you push everybody else down the page. I've seen guys list 15-20 cards from the same set, but list them in different posts.

Secondly, the terms of the sale should be listed in the post. If a seller doesn't list a shipping charge, I assume the price quoted is delivered. When you send a confirming email and then first mention a shipping charge, you'll surprise some people.

Thirdly, it works best if you tell people how you prefer a response. This board allows people to contact you three ways (email, PM, and on the thread itself.) If you don't express a preference, you have to figure out how to sort them in the order they came in.

Fourth (Fourthly???), as Rob mentioned elsewhere today, when an item sell, don't bump the thread to say so. Just edit the post. If you need to edit the title, click on "Go Advanced."

Lastly, if you opt to be one of the guys who just uses the BST, people here don't get to know you. In that case, it's best not to send the buyer emails calling them names. If one of the regular board members called me a name it might provoke some thought on my part. When someone I don't know does it, it's just bad customer service.

Thanks for your time.

We appear to have a PMS pandemic.

JP
03-02-2010, 09:40 PM
Take your thread for example, Rob.

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=121267

Why isn't the title of this one just "SOLD"? I clicked on it earlier to see what T207s were available.....and yet none are. Seems like renaming a title of a sold card or cards "SOLD" is the polite thing to do.

Rob D.
03-03-2010, 04:55 AM
nm

Jim VB
03-03-2010, 05:45 AM
We appear to have a PMS pandemic.

A veritable epidemic.

(Truth is, I never would have given it a second thought until the emails start with the name calling.)

Rob D.
03-03-2010, 05:49 AM
A veritable epidemic.

(Truth is, I never would have given it a second thought until the emails start with the name calling.)

Well, if the names were accurate, I'm not sure you've got a beef.

Jim VB
03-03-2010, 06:25 AM
Well, if the names were accurate, I'm not sure you've got a beef.

True. True.

JP
03-03-2010, 06:29 AM

I don't get this....some sellers are e-mailing buyers and calling them names even though they just helped them by buying their card? I don't understand....can you give an anonymous example?

Jim VB
03-03-2010, 06:34 AM
...can you give an anonymous example?

I'd prefer not to. Suffice it to say that some people could use a brush up on customer service skills.

JP
03-03-2010, 07:41 AM
Wow, if I were a buyer and the seller was calling me names, I'd just walk away from the transaction, that simple. You reap what you sow.

quinnsryche
03-03-2010, 08:18 AM
This may be a stupid or uninformed question but wouldn't it be best if, say, after all the cards in a particular post are sold, traded etc., the post then be able to be deleted? That way it doesn't show up anymore and there is no confusion. Let me know if I'm wrong or if it wouldn't work for whatever reason.

Leon
03-03-2010, 09:03 AM
This may be a stupid or uninformed question but wouldn't it be best if, say, after all the cards in a particular post are sold, traded etc., the post then be able to be deleted? That way it doesn't show up anymore and there is no confusion. Let me know if I'm wrong or if it wouldn't work for whatever reason.

Actually, this is something I don't like to happen (deleting BST, or any, threads). If all of the threads with sold items were deleted it would look like nothing at all was going on and less folks would post. I really prefer them not to be deleted. If you want to take out specifics ( like the price etc....) then that is fine. If anyone continually deletes after I ask for it not to be done then eventually you won't need to delete anything. :) And I know full well this was an innocent question but I need to give my view and reasoning. best regards

ps...no question is stupid......it was a very good question imo...

JP
03-03-2010, 09:22 AM
So, Leon, after the card or cards in a thread are sold, you want the thread title to remain the same regardless?

quinnsryche
03-03-2010, 09:23 AM
Thanks Leon, I never thought about the "looks like nothing's going on" aspect.

Leon
03-03-2010, 11:15 AM
So, Leon, after the card or cards in a thread are sold, you want the thread title to remain the same regardless?

No, that is not what I said. You are more than welcome to change a title and put "SOLD" in the title or anywhere in the thread. You can also take out specifics to have some confidentiality. It was mentioned that we might delete (which only mods can do) threads once items were sold. I don't want threads deleted altogether for the reason stated. best regards

Rob D.
03-03-2010, 11:19 AM
So, Leon, what you're saying is that the fajitas at last year's National were pretty good?

Leon
03-03-2010, 11:37 AM
So, Leon, what you're saying is that the fajitas at last year's National were pretty good?

They were ok :o. Once I had about 10 Coronas in me it really didn't matter much.

Jewish-collector
03-03-2010, 11:58 AM
Leon should have steamed crabs this year (& free parking :D)