PDA

View Full Version : Ever stumbled upon...

mintacular
02-28-2010, 08:58 PM
an error/variation going through cards in your PC? How about discovering one at show/eBay/store unbeknownst to the owner? I once bought a group of cards on eBay that included the '57 Baker Bakep ERR which netted me $300 :) as I had no interest in that card. I recently found a couple '69 Dawlryple and McClendon VAR in a large lot I bought. Last were some '72s with the end letters being green I think instead of yellow (from eBay). The '69 and 72s only added a couple extra bucks value but they were still fun to find on accident...How about you??

Exhibitman
03-01-2010, 07:25 AM
I am continually updating and expanding the database on the postwar exhibit sets. For example, there are three Larry Doby cards now known. In boxing exhibits it is even more glaring; I'd say I stumble across half a dozen significant variations a year.

bbcarddan
03-01-2010, 05:32 PM
What would the variations be on the Doby card Adam?I did not know any existed for this card.

Exhibitman
03-02-2010, 12:21 PM
http://photos.imageevent.com/exhibitman/interestingexhibitcards/websize/Doby.jpg

From left to right: no "an exhibit card"; "an exhibit card"; "an exhibit card" crossed out.