PDA

View Full Version : Paul, your not the only one

Merrillstoys
02-22-2010, 03:22 PM
Paul, your not the only one with an addiction problem.
I've started a new thread so this wouldn't get lost.
It was 44 years ago. I took this girl out on our second date. I was taking her to Manhattan to see a Broadway show and then to dinner. I asked her if we could first stop by a stamp show at the Americana Hotel and she said yes. While at the stamp show I bought a stamp for $100 and she went nuts. She said “It’s used!! You can’t even put it on an envelope.” I explained that even though this was only our second date, if we fell in love and got married and she wanted a home, I could sell my stamp collection and buy her that home. For the rest of the stamp show she never said another word.
About 25 years ago my wife came back to our apartment from a shopping trip. She announced that she found a house that we just had to buy. I told her we couldn’t afford it. She said “Do you remember our second date? You said if I wanted a house, you would sell your stamp collection and buy me that house.” I still don’t think that’s exactly what I said. Anyway, two weeks later I flew to L.A., sold the stamp collection and bought the house.
When I informed my wife I would start collecting baseball cards, she said “You go right ahead and collect anything you want.” Wasn’t she great?
So now I collect T206. My children will have to pry the cards out of my cold dead hands.

teetwoohsix
02-22-2010, 03:40 PM
Great story!!That must've been one hell of a stamp collection!!! :D
Welcome.How far along are you with the T206's?

Sincerely,Clayton

Merrillstoys
02-22-2010, 04:37 PM
so far 313---Merrill

mark evans
02-22-2010, 05:00 PM
Great story, Merrill.

Hope to see all in Baltimore.

Mark

Steve D
02-22-2010, 08:02 PM
That is a GREAT story Merrill! :D