PDA

View Full Version : Strongsville 2010 show

joeadcock
02-21-2010, 01:03 PM
I am going to the STONGSVILLE OHIO SPORTS COLLECTORS CONVENTION. Haven't been to a show since mid 1990's National in Cleveland. Show is on 4/16-4/18. Has any of the members been to this show? Is it strong Prewar Baseball Market?

Frank

Jantz
02-21-2010, 02:00 PM
Hi Frank

I've been going to this show since it started up 2 years ago. In 2008 there was a nice selection of vintage and only vintage. In 2009, it appeared to be smaller with about 20% less dealers and some modern sprinkled in the mix. It is still a nice show (my opinion, of course) and I will be attending. Actually I spoke with 2 other members from the board yesterday and we talked about getting other Net54 members together to have lunch. If that sounds good to you let me know. I always enjoy meeting members from this board. Also wanted to throw out that SGC will be there taking submissions.

Hope this helps

Jantz

Matt
02-21-2010, 03:11 PM
Has any of the members been to this show? Is it strong Prewar Baseball Market?

It has not had a strong pre-war offering in the past. Lots of 50s and 60s, but the pre-war offerings are few and far between and the more common stuff like T206s and Goudeys for the most part. Gary N is usually there and he's always got the best pre-war inventory which extends beyond what I mentioned. I imagine this compares to other shows around the country, where outside of the Nat, you're not going to find much in pre-war.

Jewish-collector
02-21-2010, 07:00 PM
For a few years in the mid/late 1990's under a different promoter, the Strongsville show was one of the very best shows in the country.

Butch7999
02-21-2010, 09:30 PM
Is a significant selection of memorabilia (bats, gloves, pennants, pins, programs, games, &c') expected there, or "just" cards?

joeadcock
02-22-2010, 03:21 AM
Thanks for all the input from all members who took away from their time to answer me. I appreciate it.

F.L.