PDA

View Full Version : 1959 white sox world series glasses

keithsky
02-20-2010, 11:44 AM
I picked up 7-1959 world series white sox glasses in a Mears auction last year. I have been trying to research them to find out how many there were, if they were put out in 59 and by who. Just some basic history of them. Any white sox guys or world series guys out there that might know anything about them? They look like a regular drinking glass about 6" tall with the players head and Comiskey park on the glass. My camera is not working otherwise I would post a picture. Sorry. If there is more I would like to buy them if someone wants to sell. I got the ones I have for 10.00 each in the auction so they aren't expensive but I haven't seen any in other auctions or on flea bay. Thanks

Bob Lemke
02-22-2010, 02:46 PM
Some years ago I added this set of glasses to the Standard Catalog of Baseball Cards data base; it may have even been printed in one or two editions, but if so has long since been dropped as being too far afield from a "card."

I no longer have access to the data base, so I can't tell you which 12 players are in the set.