PDA

View Full Version : Old collector wanting to know a GOOD company to consign too?

BeanTown
02-11-2010, 09:24 AM
I have been out of it for awhile. What auction company has the best results and creditability right now? Looking to consign items from 1K to 25K. I figure most auction companies use the same mailing list. I am also looking to have reserves on items as well.

Pup6913
02-11-2010, 10:07 AM
REA- but will have to wait till next year.

Other than that I would say B&L

barrysloate
02-11-2010, 10:34 AM
While there is a wide range of credibility among the auction houses, they all have the same bidders and they all pretty much get the same prices. I would be most concerned that you are dealing with reputable people.

B & L Auctions are at the top of the most honorable list, but I know they are very close to their current deadline.

Edited to add B & L will allow reserves; REA is a great auction but it is an unreserved one.

forazzurri2axz
02-11-2010, 10:36 AM
Mastro or Legendary auctions---\

BeanTown
02-11-2010, 11:27 AM
I would think an auction company would need to have a web, catalog and phone presence. I know Buyers premium takes away from total value of selling a card. Do consignors still pay sellers premium? What is wrong with Mastro/Legendary?

Bicem
02-11-2010, 11:42 AM
depends on the items...

drc
02-11-2010, 11:58 AM
I would want to know what you want to sell, but well know auction houses in generally good standing for resale include Robert Edward Auctions (only one auction a year), Sportscards Plus, Heritage Auctions, Mile High, Memory Lane, Huggins and Scott, Lelands, Legendary Auctions. Don't mean to hurt anyone's feelings by forgetting someone else. Some are more card places, some more memorabilia (including autograph) places and some are both-- which is why I would want to know what you have.

Jewish-collector
02-11-2010, 02:30 PM
I agree with others. It really depends on WHAT you want to consign. Some auction houses are better for graded vintage, some for memorabilia, some for autographs, some for equipment, etc,...

danmckee
02-11-2010, 08:39 PM
Who is B&L? sounds fishy, I wouldn't consign there. Bad and Lame?

just kidding, they have some of my stuff now. 2 GREAT FRIENDS!

Rich Klein
02-11-2010, 09:25 PM
Shipments in the same box :o

Regards
Rich

Sterling Sports Auctions
02-11-2010, 10:55 PM
The list drc gave is a good one.

As far as the Mastro/Legacy deal just read the thread about would you bid on Legacy auctions.

By the way you should not have to pay a consignors fee. There are enough auctions out there that do not chatrge a consignors fee.

GoodLuck withe your choice, if you are willing to wait a year REA is my favorite choice.

Lee

ethicsprof
02-11-2010, 11:11 PM
B and L.
relatively new but quickly running ahead of the pack!!!

best,
barry

BeanTown
02-12-2010, 05:27 AM
I guess I will need to do some research on who is the company to use, at this point. I mainly have Prewar cards and 19th century stuff. Getting opinions from active enthusiast was my first step.