PDA

View Full Version : eBay/Paypal coupons?

donmuth
02-05-2010, 01:22 PM
Has anyone received an eBay or Paypal coupon offer recently (in the last year)? It seems like a couple of years ago a new one would come out every other month or something. I haven't seen one in forever it seems. Anyone know why?

Thanks!

batsballsbases
02-05-2010, 01:47 PM
Don,
They seem to have gone away from that program and went with the EBAY BUCKS program. For every purchase you make they give you money at the end of 3 or so months to spend from purchases you made it that time period. Seems to work well I had about 125 dollars to use . :D

donmuth
02-05-2010, 01:51 PM
I guess I am behind the times then. Need to look into the ebay Bucks thing. Thanks!

Matt
02-05-2010, 02:10 PM
Here is the info on the program. (http://pages.ebay.com/rewards/faq.html)
Basically, you get 2% credit towards a future eBay purchase.

donmuth
02-05-2010, 02:13 PM
Well, I read up on it.

The plan gives back 2% of purchases (only including final auction bids or BIN prices... not S/H, etc.) paid with paypal as ebay bucks every quarter. Then you only get 30 days to use the bucks before they expire.

So, to get $10 in ebay bucks for example, I'd need to spend $500 first.

To get $125 in bucks in a quarter, I'd have to spend over $6000??!!

I haven't spent anywhere near that in all the years I've had my ebay account. Sounds like the POS credit card rewards plans - Charge everything you buy (while taking the risk of getting over your head and running up high balances) so you can get that $100 gadget you don't really need anyways from our rewards store!

I liked the old eBay coupon method. It worked out better for me as I don't spend a ton on ebay.

Ebay Bucks? No thanks...

P.S. - When will Grand Slam Bids be up and running?