PDA

View Full Version : February B/S/T Thread

slidekellyslide
02-05-2010, 09:15 AM
Connie, Jimmie, Mule and Bing...this appears to be a newsphoto (?) of some sort from the 1950s..there is no attribution on the reverse, but the names at the bottom lead me to believe this was meant for publication of some sort. It is 8x10 and has a little waviness, but framed or in a plastic holder it is not noticeable. SOLD

whitey19thcentury
02-09-2010, 07:22 AM
Neat 3x5 snapshot of Joe Beggs and Charlie Keller posed with an elderly gentleman in front of a bus that has a "Florida Motor Lines" sign on it. Beggs and Keller are each in full uniform and they signed over their respective image in period blue ink. The elderly gentleman also signed the photo or else was identified as "DH Fry".

There is a very small tear in upper left corner and the bottom right corner is torn.

Asking $50/OBO, includes any and all shipping costs.

email me at whiteykarr@comcast.net

whitey19thcentury
02-09-2010, 07:33 AM
c. 1985-86 Lou Piniella signed 4x6" candid photo from the orig. negative taken in spring training. Signed in blue Sharpie. Sig is bold, but it does have some contrast issues as he signed over his jacket.

Asking $15/OBO, includes shipping costs.

whitey19thcentury
02-09-2010, 07:40 AM
(3) 4x6 candid photos from the original negative taken at spring training in 1986. Neat lot as it contains players who never actually appeared in a major league game for the Yankees. Includes:

Mitch Lyden: signed in blue felt tip

Mike Soper: signed in blue Sharpie

Kelly Faulk: signed in blue Sharpie.

Asking $20 for all/OBO.

Where else can you find signed images of these guys in Yankees uniform?

whitey19thcentury
02-09-2010, 07:41 AM
here is a scan of the candids:

brm28
02-11-2010, 11:00 AM
I have several antique library card and lantern slide cabinets from Yale University available for sale, individually or as a set.

I recently sold a collection of four of these units to a prominent net54 member (reference available upon request) who suggested I post here to attract the attention of other serious card collectors who would like to store and display their collections in style and security.

A few years ago, Sterling Memorial Library (Yale's flagship library) underwent significant renovations and a precious few free-standing card catalog cabinets were removed. Subsequently a wave of library renovations has moved across the lovely New Haven campus, and other libraries decommissioned their library card catalogs.

I have several different types of Yale card catalogs available for sale. There is in almost every case, more than one available of each type.

Featured here is only one type, previously used to store lantern slides. The drawer orientation differs from standard library card catalogs. Vertically oriented, the drawers are are 5 inches tall and three inches wide- perfect for baseball cards.

DETAILS AND DIMENSIONS:
Each Unit is comprised of a base with legs, and four sections with 14 drawers each, for a total of 56 drawers. The entire unit is hard rock maple, dovetailed construction. All drawer pull hardware is solid brass. Please note I do not have the top covers available.

Overall Dimensions:
60” tall (ground to top) x 17” deep x 33” wide

Internal (functional) Drawer Dimensions:
3 3/8 ” wide x 4 7/8” tall x 15 1/2” deep

PRICE AND CONTACT INFO:
Each Catalog is $1300. I am happy to entertain fair offers, and will certainly negotiate liberally if you purchase more than one catalog. Delivery within 200 mile radius of New Haven can be arranged at a reasonable rate. Please contact me at 315Whitney@gmail.com for more information, for more photos of these or other card catalogs, or to discuss any of the above.

Thanks,
Barry

barrysloate
02-11-2010, 11:08 AM
Barry- I see this is your first post but we have a section for buying and selling. This is in the wrong place. One of the moderators will probably move it for you. But nice cabinets.

brianp-beme
02-11-2010, 11:20 AM
If I had the money I think I would get one of these...they would be the ultimate storage idea for a larger size vintage collection.

A question for the graded card collector--what is the outer dimensions of the PSA and SGC plastic covers? Would they fit within the 3-3/8 wide x 4-7/8" confines of each drawer?

Brian

canjond
02-11-2010, 11:50 AM
Barry- I see this is your first post but we have a section for buying and selling. This is in the wrong place. One of the moderators will probably move it for you. But nice cabinets.

Actually Barry - on the memorabilia side, we are not constrained to only using the B/S/T section of the board:) However, we do usually post items for sale in the monthly B/S/T thread and not individual threads.

barrysloate
02-11-2010, 01:16 PM
Jon- at the time I posted this was on the main board. It has already been moved.

Leon
02-11-2010, 02:37 PM
Actually Barry - on the memorabilia side, we are not constrained to only using the B/S/T section of the board:) However, we do usually post items for sale in the monthly B/S/T thread and not individual threads.

Good point and so be it...it is done. Did I ever mention I love our new board s/w? ;)

SethY
02-14-2010, 05:17 PM
http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu215/LJ_Hoes/PC/WheatCut.png

This is an incredibly rare full ZACK WHEAT signature on a private social security card that I am looking to sell. Please send me a PM or email me at seth.yarkony@gmail.com with interest.

yanks12025
02-15-2010, 07:03 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Looking to sell these couple items so i can start to save for a new car.

First up 1968-70 Ron Fairly game used Adirondack bat. Shows heavy use, handle is cracked. Comes with letter from Mears(308454), graded an A8. His number 6 is on the knob. Asking $55 shipped

Second item 1948-49 game used bat of Len Okrie, only played acouple years in the late 1940's-early 50's. Bat shows good use, uncracked, there is some grain seperation on the back and a chip out of the knob. Bat is a model K55, 35 inches long, has handle tape and theres a 1 in black sharpie on the knob. He only wore 9 in the 40's so maybe the top of the 9 faded away.
$45 shipped

Lou Gehrig repro Ken-Wel glove, shows light wear from display. Asking $35 shipped

Frank O Doul card with cut sigs on back. I'm guessing this is some type of card from the 1930's or a page from a book. But on the back it has 6 autographs including Left O' Doul. I remeber making a tread about the other but cant remember the name sof the other signers. Also hand written under the cuts is "1930 Collins Park, Scotia Ny". Asking $90 shipped

Sam Rice cut auto(SGC), water damage to Sam part. Asking $18 shipped
Chas (Red) Ruffing(PSA)- $30 shipped
Lefty Gomez(SGC)-$25 shipped
1938 Yankees signed sheet(PSA auction house letter), include early Joe DiMaggio, other are Myril Hoag, Kemp Wicker, Bill Knickerbocker, George Selkirk and Babe Dahlgren. Autos are in pencil but display nice. Asking $100 shipped

Have any questions please email me at boblee89@yahoo.com

yanks12025
02-15-2010, 07:03 AM
More photos:

yanks12025
02-15-2010, 07:05 AM
Last group, sorry for taken up so much room

MVSNYC
02-15-2010, 07:12 AM
email sent on gehrig glove

David Atkatz
02-25-2010, 12:17 PM
Times being what they are, I've decided to divest myself of all my "modern-era" Yankees pieces. (My sons will have to content themselves with The 1903-1941 collection when I go.)

So, if you're interested in anything, let me know, and I'll get some pics to ya.

1981 Jim Spencer game-worn home jersey
1998 Torre game-worn cap
1998 Girardi game-worn home pants (Steiner)
1998 game-worn home jersey (player's name escapes me at the moment) (Steiner)
2001 Ted Lilly game-worn cap (Mears)
2003 jeff Nelson home jersey (with Yankees centennial arm patch) (Steiner)
2003 Yankee centennial team-signed ball
2005 A-Rod game-worn road pants (Steiner)
2008 Tony Pena home jersey (certified by Steiner as being worn during the last game at the real Yankee Stadium)

Forever Young
02-25-2010, 04:42 PM
[QUOTE=David Atkatz;785591](My sons will have to content themselves with The 1903-1941 collection when I go.)

HAHA! POOR SONS..:)

doug.goodman
02-26-2010, 12:03 AM
Email sent.

Doug