PDA

View Full Version : EBAY USER ALERT ! laurasalzy

NATCARD
02-04-2010, 01:38 PM
I believe this is the spot for this on Net 54. The user laurasalzy had a 1968 Topps Plak Cepeda up for auction last week. She also had a max alvis that sold for around $34. I was the first and only bidder on the Cepeda for whatever crazy reason and at last check had a top bid of $.60 again crazy I know. (My max bid was very high and considerably in line for what the piece should sell for). Within the last 1/2 day all bids were cancelled and the lot was closed unsold. I contacted the seller to ask why and if the item would be up for sale and was offered it for $100.00. I find this ludicrous and a scam at best. If anyone has had dealings with this seller please let me know. There feedback is very good and am just curious.
Thanks, JEFF W

autograf
02-04-2010, 02:25 PM
have won items from her (them) in the past with no issues.

Matt
02-04-2010, 02:29 PM
I don't think it was a scam - more likely that it wasn't bringing what was expected and they didn't want to eat it. Basically, a hackjob of a hidden reserve, but not a scam.

docpatlv
02-04-2010, 03:17 PM
I won the 1968 Plak of Alvis. I received it yesterday and consider it a top- notch transaction. I was shocked it went that low, but I ain't complainin'. I had a much higher snipe set. I was watching the Cepeda Plak too, and was a little disappointed the seller did not let the auction run. I don't think it was an issue of the seller not being happy at the price it was at, as she let the Alvis Plak auction continue. I think she was offered a good price to let the auction end early and chose to do so. Just my thoughts.

Edited to add: I missed the part where you stated seller offered it to you for $100. All I can say is you should probably jump on it. I received the one I won, so I don't think it's a scam. One thing, as was described in the auction, there was a small crack in the Alvis. I'm not sure if the Cepeda had one or not, but you might want to take it into consideration before purchasing.

glynparson
02-04-2010, 04:33 PM
I have bought several items from them and consider them top notch. Sorry you had a bad experience.

doug.goodman
02-04-2010, 05:35 PM
I was the "underbidder" on the Cepeda when it was pulled and that Alvis would have gone for considerably more than what docpatlv paid (congrats, by the way) had work not gotten in the way of my bidding.

The only times that I bid are to open an auction that has a low opening bid, so that it won't get pulled, which obviously didn't work with the Cepeda, and in the last 10 seconds.

I like to do it myself, not with a snipe service, so missing out on the Alvis (and everything else I've missed) is part of the thrill of the chase.

I have had transactions with laurasalzy in the past and they have all gone very smooth.

Doug