PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Ruth Ball

JamesGallo
02-02-2010, 06:57 PM
Thoughts on this. Appears to be a ink signature of a William Harridge baseball. I know what it is worth if it's real, what would it be worth if it is clubhouse or fake. Ie would it have any value as a vintage ball.

www.thetoyheaven.com/images/items/baseballcards/ruthauto.jpg

www.thetoyheaven.com/images/items/baseballcards/ruthauto1.jpg

Thanks

James G

MGHPro
02-02-2010, 07:51 PM
Autograph doesnt look good, but even as a fake on a harridge ball , it would probably sell for 2-250 to someone looking for a display piece
Matt

prewarsports
02-02-2010, 08:13 PM
Harridge Balls are two extremes. The ones tha look like the earlier 1920's Balls with a Harridge signature on the side are actually worth more than the 1920's Ban Johnson balls, somewhere in the $500-$1000 range if they are really nice. The ones with the Harridge signature across the sweet spot like that one are the later examples and they sell in the $50 for a slightly worn one up to maybe $150-$200 for a really nice one. The Ruth on that ball is obviously not authentic and to me it almost looks stamped on there like it was for a contest or something. My guess would be $50 if the Ruth is a fake ink signature and closer to $100-$150 if it was a contest premium or something with a stamped signature.

jbsports33
02-03-2010, 01:32 PM
I have never seen the “B” looped like that and other features do not look right to me, this has been common practice to place forged signatures on nice authentic vintage baseballs over the years.

Jimmy