PDA

View Full Version : Good vs. Very Good

mintacular
01-25-2010, 06:13 PM
What are the essential differences between a GD and VG card?

ethicsprof
01-25-2010, 09:07 PM
pat,
the definition offered on SGC's website is what i go by---and they do a pretty good job of utilizing their own definition when they grade the cards.

best,

barry

mintacular
01-25-2010, 09:26 PM
I'm quite familiar with the grading standards but the distinction between GD and VG has always been a bit blurry to me compared to other grade categories...

Anthony S.
01-25-2010, 09:45 PM
I always think of it in terms that a good card can have a crease or two. A VG card really shouldn't (unless it's a tiny crease in a corner).

chaddurbin
01-26-2010, 01:43 AM
amount of rounding corner wear...how heavy is the crease...amount of paper loss. each case can decide between G and VG.

cozmokramer
01-26-2010, 05:22 AM
I agree with Anthony for the most part...

Good - up to two creases

Very Good - a small wrinkle or corner crease

BUT for the most part I would say the difference is eye appeal. At least should be!

cfc1909
01-26-2010, 05:22 AM
good vs very good

either one is ok for me because a good card or very good card fills a spot in my collection that needed to be filled. Both are probably in my price range-when the grade goes higher than vg you are leaving my price range.

I hate paper loss-its bad on the front but unacceptable on the back- unless its so small or really does not effect the ad. I can deal with round corners and creases.
If I needed a spot filled bad enough, I would still buy a card with paper loss with the seller saying "gd maybe vg".