PDA

View Full Version : I finally did something worthwhile!

Robextend
01-19-2010, 08:35 PM
Hi all,

There were two posts in the last couple weeks that inspired me to want to view my collection in a much better way.

The posts were the pics of Taxman's hobby room and the Detroit website by Joe. I thank them both for making me finally do something constructive.

Here is my go at a website dedicated to my collection:

http://imageevent.com/vanslykefan

I still have about 400-500 cards and a ton of autographs left to scan (I think my scanner is worn out for tonight), but I tried to upload at least one pic to represent each album.

Please let me know if I am on the right track, because I am new at this. I also included a link to my wantlist via google spreadsheet.

I will post again once complete and most likely add to my sig.

Thanks so much - Rob

GoldenAge50s
01-19-2010, 08:43 PM
Rob--

I think it looks GREAT! Very nice start!

BlueDevil89
01-19-2010, 09:31 PM
Nice job, Rob! You're off to a great start!

smtjoy
01-19-2010, 09:31 PM
Great Stuff Rob!!!! Thanks for posting!

Jerry G
01-19-2010, 09:34 PM
Very nice, Rob! I like your emphasis on quality over quanity. My favorite card in the bunch? T205 Home Run Baker. That is a super nice card! Keep up the good work. I look forward to watching your collection grow.

I wonder how many new and young collectors like yourself realize the advantage available to them through the shared experiences and even a kind of mentorship that net54baseball.com provides? From reading your posts, Rob, I believe that you understand that.

Robextend
01-19-2010, 09:41 PM
Thanks so much Jerry, I appreciate that. The knowledge I gained because of this board is invaluable to the way I collect now. I learn something new every day, and I am hoping I will one day be able to provide expertise on some different subjects...but for now I am enjoying the learning experience!

Abravefan11
01-19-2010, 09:47 PM
Outstanding Rob! Thanks for sharing.

With the limited number of vintage collectors in my area I wouldn't be able to view quality collections or show others mine without the internet. I'm very thankful for the technology.

I hope more people follow the trend.

Kawika
01-19-2010, 09:57 PM
ImageEvent Rocks! Good job!

ethicsprof
01-19-2010, 10:04 PM
great job!!!
congratulations!
'worthwhile' is an insufficient accolade!

best,
barry

teetwoohsix
01-19-2010, 10:21 PM
Looks great Rob-very nice!!Look forward to seeing the finished result!!

sox1903wschamp
01-19-2010, 10:30 PM
Nice job Rob! My favorite is the R313 National Chicle's. Love that set and you have good start on it.

Regards
Michael

Robextend
01-19-2010, 10:36 PM
Thanks Mike, that set is definitely one of my favs. I am about 30% of the way there, hopefully I will get the rest of the cards I have posted this week.

ChiefBenderForever
01-20-2010, 12:01 AM
Very very nice !! It's always cool to see a collection that goes from the beginnings of prewar cards up to present day. You have a great collection going keep up the great work !!

Robextend
01-29-2010, 08:33 AM
I have been scanning cards the last couple of weeks and I finally have gotten the bulk of my baseball card collection on my ImageEvent site. I still need to add some more 33 Goudeys and a few more Post-War cards, but its pretty much all there.

http://imageevent.com/vanslykefan

Still need to add a ton of autographs and other sports cards, but I will do that over the next month.

Please let me know your thoughts if you have any. Personally I love looking at the collections of other board members.

Thanks so much,

Rob

jb217676
01-29-2010, 11:43 AM
Looks awesome! That's inspiring me to do something similar. I just had one question. As you add cards to your albums, can the order of your photos be changed to reflect new additions (such as sets being in numerical order) or does it just put the newest photo last?

Robextend
01-29-2010, 11:47 AM
Looks awesome! That's inspiring me to do something similar. I just had one question. As you add cards to your albums, can the order of your photos be changed to reflect new additions (such as sets being in numerical order) or does it just put the newest photo last?

Thanks Jeff...

Initially the newest photo is last, but then you can switch them around to whatever order you would like them to be in. ImageEvent is very flexible and I highly endorse it.

Rob

jb217676
01-29-2010, 11:50 AM
Thanks. My OCD states that all of my cards by organized by year, alphabetically by set and in numerical order.