PDA

View Full Version : Any MMA Fans here?

Bornagaincollector
01-19-2010, 12:29 PM
This is my 1st post,i've heard very nice things about this site and since i'm doing the 73/76 topps sets.I thought i would check it out.I was also checking to see if they are any MMA fans here?I'm a big fan of it and my Favorite fighter is Fedor.

Thanks Roger

Leon
01-19-2010, 02:29 PM
Welcome aboard Roger. We have had a discussion or two about MMA. I can't say I follow it a lot but every time a fight comes on, from MMA to UFC, my eyes are glued to the TV. Those guys really know how to fight. They must feel like a beat potato the next morning....

teetwoohsix
01-21-2010, 09:59 AM
I love watching MMA fights!!!Very exciting to me.Welcome to the board also!!
UFC has come a long way,I used to rent the tapes of the early fights before it blew up-Shamrock,Gracie,Tank Abbott,etc.-good stuff!!!

metrotheme
01-30-2010, 09:52 PM
Herschel Walker won his MMA debut. I can't imagine taking on a new sport like that at his age, even though I think he's always been involved in martial arts.

teetwoohsix
01-31-2010, 07:28 AM
Although not fighting with UFC,I think Michael Westbrook is also fighting mixed martial arts.Congrats to Mr.Walker!!!:D
Respectfully,Clayton

Republicaninmass
02-09-2010, 01:53 PM
Been training/watching since about UFC 14 or so. Have trailed off recently as it is the thing to do around here and every moron is now a tough guy. I learned many years ago dont start fights because the unassuming character is the one who can seriously hurt you. I am all for self-defense, but two lions hardly ever cross paths since they both know one will die.

rdixon1208
02-09-2010, 06:36 PM
My favorite fighter is GSP. I've also trained a little bit, but I gave that up because it was killing my golf game (plus it hurts).

FUBAR
02-27-2010, 12:05 AM
I am a big GSP fan. I trained in Muay Tai back in the late 80s early 90s and have seen most of the UFC's since #1

Huge fan... i even got my hands on two boxes of the very limited series 1 when it came out and only managed to get one box of series 2, Series 3 is due out any day now!!

Im still missing about 40 cards for series 2... so if anyone has some singles, and needs some, maybe we can work out a trade!

buymycards
02-27-2010, 10:17 AM
My son and I are going to a MMA event tonight in Dubuque. It should be fun. I am seeing more and more MMA/UFC cards at the local card shows. I haven't purchased any yet, but it may be time to start a collection.

Rick

FUBAR
03-01-2010, 11:39 AM
I do have a few spares and some parallels if you want to do a trade. I know i have a spare Series one set, the very limited one! and a bunch of series two but i think i need those to trade as i dont have the complete set!

Does your son have a fav fighter?

FUBAR
03-02-2010, 03:46 PM
UFC-Main Events just came out within the last week. I got an email this afternoon saying my box was in. So hopefully, i can get some decent cards out of my box.
(it is the third series of the UFC cards)