PDA

View Full Version : Its a hard question, but I was hoping someone could shed some light

brendenlilly
01-09-2010, 02:36 PM
What would be the most a "no name" minor league Zeenut player would be worth from the 20's if he was in perfect condition with coupon attached?

Again, I believe this would be hard to answer, but I appreciate the guidance.

Thanks,
Brenden

Cat
01-09-2010, 03:01 PM
I've heard Leon is paying top dollar for a 1920 Zee with Coupon.

I hope that helps.

Leon, how many other friends do you have that would shamless plug your collection needs on the main board? I'm not trying to be a suck-up or anything. :D

brendenlilly
01-09-2010, 03:06 PM
I am new to collecting, what is top dollar?

Fred
01-09-2010, 03:39 PM
That is a loaded question. If the card were raw then I'm sure it would fetch 4 figures if it was in "perfect" condition w/ coupon. If it were graded it would be a "9" or perhaps a "10" (if it were perfect) and then all bets are off with regard to what someone might pay for it. It could go into the 5 digit range because it would be a lone specimen of great quality, an anomally in the collecting community. It only takes two people with a lot more cash than the rest of us to drive the price.

rhettyeakley
01-09-2010, 03:58 PM
Brendan, the price can really vary. There are years within the 1920's that are much tougher to find still retaining their coupon--1920, 1921, 1922, and the Sepia 1923's are all probably tougher than the other years in the 20's so they would bring a premium (the 1923 Sepia's are the hardest ones to find--I haven't seen a couponed one in a long itme).

Also it depends on who the "no-name" player is. There are many players that may appear to be a no-name when actually they are fairly highly collected and popular players (such as Buzz Arlett, Johnny Fredericks, etc., etc.)

Generally the 1924-29 Black and Whites would be around $150-200 or so for a somewhat decent one (with some years being a bit higher), with the player, rarity of the card, team, and year all potentially impacting the final price. "Perfect condition" rarely exists so short a scan I wouldn't want to speculate.

The ones from before that would be higher. I hope this helps, but there isn't really a quick & easy answwer to this question.

-Rhett

birdman42
01-09-2010, 05:13 PM
Brenden,

Put up a picture of the card you're asking about and we can give you a closer idea.

Bill

Abravefan11
01-09-2010, 06:14 PM
Leon, how many other friends do you have that would shamless plug your collection needs on the main board? I'm not trying to be a suck-up or anything. :D

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh58/abravefan11/Z%20Posted%20Scans/kissass.gif

Pup6913
01-09-2010, 10:44 PM
That Sh!t is funny Tim. LOL:D