PDA

View Full Version : Mile High Needs Net54's help with Photo ID

Abravefan11
01-08-2010, 05:23 PM
Taken from the description of Lot # 354 in their current auction:

Maybe we'll even get a little help from our knowledgable friends at Network 54!

Click Here (http://www.milehighcardco.com/LotDetail.aspx?lotid=15630&searchby=3&searchvalue=boston&page=0&sortby=0&displayby=2&lotsperpage=100&category=1) for the full description of Lot# 354

barrysloate
01-08-2010, 06:30 PM
There clearly are some similarities to Leach, but the image provided is too small. Maybe a larger picture would prove helpful.

By the way, the lot was well researched and written up. It's an interesting group of cabinet photos.

slidekellyslide
01-08-2010, 09:32 PM
Interesting...I think Mile High needs to single out the cabinet that is believed by the Historian to be Butzer so we can compare it to the odd cabinet. Also I'd like to know are the cabinets labeled with the names or did this historian figure out who was who some other way?

IMO the photo looks very much like Leach, but I will let Mark F take a whack at it.

bmarlowe1
01-09-2010, 02:01 PM
Barry - if you click on the image you can get it in sufficiently high res. Then you'll need to enhance the contrast.

It is very easy to be instantly definitive on this one. If Mile High is interested in a written report, they can contact me offline. Otherwise I'll post the analysis after the auction closes. :)

barrysloate
01-09-2010, 02:12 PM
That's the spirit!;)

bmarlowe1
01-21-2010, 07:04 PM
Mile High singled out 2 photos, below left and center, as candidates for Tommy Leach. Mile High claimed an "uncanny resemblance" to Leach. They are both the same person, and they clearly are not Tommy Leach.

The easiest way to tell is by comparing the very rounded back edge of the Hanover player's ear (below center) to the straight back edge of Leach's ear (below right). That's just one point - the ears are overall quite different.

The nose is different, the brow ridge is different............. It's uncanny how different they are.

So - the winner paid $880. He/she did get Bill Keister (as far as I can see).

slidekellyslide
01-21-2010, 09:05 PM
$880 is cheap for that group of photos IMO.