PDA

View Full Version : Question about 1916 M101-4 Sporting News Joe Jackson

cobblove
01-08-2010, 05:09 PM
I have a few questions about this card.
How rare is it?
What does this card sell for in 1-3 grade?
Is it hard to find one to buy?
And what are yalls thoughts about this card?
If you have pics please post them!

JamesGallo
01-09-2010, 07:55 AM
Depending on the back it can be not very rare to extremely rare or one of a kindish.

Usually they pop up in the VG range and sell for 5-8K. There was a very nice one with a skinned back that I believe sold in the 3K+ range. I would expect around 4-5K for a VGish one and it is hard to find one in lesser grade. I see more 7 then 2 on this card.

There are generally several in auctions over the course of the year, but I haven't seen to many for direct sale.

It's Jackson, so many will feel it's over priced. It's his classic image on a black and white card so it's somewhat iconic in that way. It is probably the most afforable playing era none game card.

Personally as a Jackson collector, it is the most available unless you are concerned with the back then it becomes a bit harded. I have been looking for a Boston Store Jackson for 2-3 years and have only seen 1 for sale and that was late last year. I have probably seen 15-25 various Sporting news Jackson's in that same time frame.

As a side note, I find that this card is often off center or has a diamond cut, which is another reason I still don't own one as I haven't found a nicely centered one for a price I liked.

James G