PDA

View Full Version : New Roach's corner auction up. w the WORST GEHRIG

GrayGhost
01-07-2010, 09:05 AM
Check out the New Roach's corner auction up on their site, for your entertainment and pleasure..haha.

Featured is one of the worst looking GEHRIG fake cuts Ive ever seen. Begging to be matted w your favorite photo, this beauty can easily be seen from 100 yards away. Authenticity by Morales the Mooch, and Scrap Authentic for certainty. We run real auctions, so you can start this baby lowwww. Valued in the Mid hundreds on pennies at least.:p

http://www.myccsa.com/Lot/202/lou-gehrig-autographedcertified-cut-signature.aspx

barrysloate
01-07-2010, 02:12 PM
Lot 27 is a single signed Fred Clarke baseball. The ball shows obvious scuffing but the signature is unblemished. How did the ball get scuffed without any of the ink being affected?

GrayGhost
01-07-2010, 02:20 PM
The ball was played with, and scuffed, then signed after, I guess.

I love the Clemente "70s era" Debeers ball. It is two or three straight auctions at least, w that same horrific forgery, or should I say multiples of the same. The ball was probably made AFTER 1972, and is still signed by Roberto. AMAAAAAAAZINGGGG

The "Debeers" Roberto has been on/ pulled off ebay, and has showed up on craigslist, in New York, where the 'seller" said it had a Coach's corner COA. Maybe he is hoping some moron on there won't know who Coach's corner is.

Vintagedegu
01-07-2010, 02:48 PM
-

RichardSimon
01-07-2010, 06:59 PM
Boy that Gehrig is f-----ugly.
Lets play over/under on the final price,,, over/under $350. I am saying under.
Lets see some guesses on what garbage can sell for.
--

Robextend
01-07-2010, 07:04 PM
Who is this Chris Morales guy?? Is he on CSI Los Angeles or something?

cbcbcb
01-07-2010, 07:31 PM
has STAT always been illegitimate and corrupt? Or was there a turning point?

yanksfan09
01-07-2010, 08:33 PM
I hope one days the FBI cracks down on people like this again and some of this filth will be off the streets and the makers and sellers behind bars

GrayGhost
01-08-2010, 08:13 AM
That Waner is HIDEOUS. ..

How about Lot one? I don't see a pic of the PSA cube. etc. Also, I wouldnt put it past em to do a bait and switch. Adn what MORON would add Erskine and Slaughter to that ball, real or not?

So much crap again. One day we will all get our wish, and these clowns will be shut down.

oh, and Richard UNDER for sure. my guess on that awful Gehrig 220.00

steve B
01-08-2010, 08:45 AM
http://www.myccsa.com/Lot/202/marilyn-monroe-owned--worn-evening-gown.aspx

They think it's worth 10K but they can't bother to even get it in focus!
It would be really funny if they weren't making so much off of nothing.

Are ANY of the items good? ever?

Steve

mr2686
01-08-2010, 09:08 AM
My guess on the &%$&$# Gehrig is under $110

tinkereversandme
01-09-2010, 10:34 AM
Last night, a hobby enthusiast and myself had a late night Instant Message session as we agreed to be horrified by the offerings of "Roach's Corner".

We passed about links, like this one:

http://www.myccsa.com/Lot.aspx?LotID=193659

An Eddie Gaedel signed cut? The best part is the description..."value is many times our opening bid". Well, the bidding at the time was $30, so what did it start out at? $10...so maybe $30 is a fair price for something valued in the thousands. How many of these exist?

And then this, which shows up OFTEN in their catalogs.

http://www.myccsa.com/Lot.aspx?LotID=192698

Ali and Jordan signed poster..."grades a spectacular 11 on a 1-10 scale. It was IN PERSON obtained by our consigner and best of all, comes with our own famed lifetime guarantee". Who is this consignor exactly? This person REALLY OBTAINED these in person and has trusted Coach's Corner to be their vendor? And what kind of guarantee (famed guarantee?) comes with it, when the high bidder will probably steal it for under $200. After all, Ali and Jordan are SOOOO EASY.

I guess we could have gone on and on and on, but who exactly are these bidders?

We enjoy talking about them (CCSA) on this site (and other sites), but who gets the last laugh in all of this? Can you say brazen? Can you say "a brass pair"?

Last month, on the first page of the prices realized list, we saw the following: Roberto Clemente Autographed/Appraised/Certified Baseball ($305), Christy Mathewson Giants hand written/signed/certified letter ($1,531), "Sitting Bull" Autographed/Certified Cut Signature! ($180), Benedict Arnold Autographed/CERTIFIED Cut Signature with his Rank ($141), Jimmie Foxx Autographed/CERTIFIED Baseball ($473) and you get the idea.

It's simply frightening is all....and very, very sad.

Regards,

Larry

RichardSimon
01-09-2010, 11:14 AM
"the consigner y estimates value at $10,000".
If so, why would he consign it to the Roaches?
It is just amazing how they know what everything is worth and yet constantly continue to sell these precious items at way below the "value".
Here ya go Lee,,, here are 100 $100 bills,,, you know what the value is,,, just gimme $357 for them.
Also amazing is how they can keep getting "consignors" month after month after month. You would think those guys would have writers cramp by now.

jeffects
01-14-2010, 04:38 PM
It has been so long since I had seen Coaches Corner. Ran across the name somewhere on the Net and decided to check it out again. Oh Boy, I see some things never change. $5,000 items that go for $500. I find it hard to imagine anyone that honestly has an item they think is authentic consigning with them. It's not sports related, but here is one of my favorites from this months auction. Could you imagine if this was real? Or the five presidents on a baseball. I am shocked they somehow survive.

http://www.myccsa.com/Lot.aspx?LotID=192448