PDA

View Full Version : Raymond Kahn Co. postcards

Rob D.
01-04-2010, 12:21 PM
To the best of my knowledge, the postcard on the right is new to our hobby. It came to me from a former, longtime postcard dealer who found it among a collection he bought years ago that he never got around to including in his inventory.

I'm not too familiar with Raymond Kahn Co. postcards. The one on the left I've owned for a couple of years after buying it on eBay. I've seen a couple other non-Lajoie examples through the years, but not enough that I remember exact details. What I find interesting are the differences in design, most notably that the image of Lajoie on the example on the right has the look of being a sketch, while the one on the left has the appearance of a photograph (though the PC is not a real-photograph variety).

I always assumed that Raymond Kahn Co. postcards were a single issue, but I'm wondering whether these two distinctly different styles indicate otherwise. Or, more likely, I made an incorrect assumption.

deadballpaul
01-04-2010, 05:08 PM
Rob, those are really cool. I'm not familiar with either card, so not much help here. I will research them when I have a little time.

Bicem
01-04-2010, 06:28 PM
those are great, who else is in the set?

Rob D.
01-05-2010, 02:38 PM
those are great, who else is in the set?

Jeff,

I've never seen a checklist (or really much of anything written about this issue). The two or three other examples I've seen were common Cleveland players, and one was a group shot of -- I think -- three players.

slidekellyslide
01-05-2010, 02:47 PM
I can't offer any info as I haven't seen it before, but I just wanted to say nice score Rob!

JLange
01-05-2010, 08:03 PM
Rob, great Lajoie PCs. This Kahn Co team PC is from the book, Baseball Team Collectibles by Don Bevans & Ron Menchine, page 84, published 1994.

This is **not** my card, although I'd love to own it one day.

Lajoie is near the center, but I'm sure it don't need to tell you that!

Rob D.
01-06-2010, 08:48 AM
Rob, great Lajoie PCs. This Kahn Co team PC is from the book, Baseball Team Collectibles by Don Bevans & Ron Menchine, page 84, published 1994.

This is **not** my card, although I'd love to own it one day.

Lajoie is near the center, but I'm sure it don't need to tell you that!

Thanks for posting that, Jason. I have that book and never would have thought to look in it in hopes of finding a Kahn PC example.

Bicem
01-06-2010, 09:38 AM
Cleveland really loved producing great baseball postcards between these, American League Publishing and PC shop of Clev.