36 Cook
54 Gilligan
55 Girot
77 Jackson
148 Tiedeman
150 Tozer

1923 Zeenut
58 Griggs (w/ coupon)

I was able to determine the poses for some of the cards in the 1911 Zeenut set utilizing VCP's website, but they didn't have pics for many of them. I really couldn't distinguish between the ones they had pics of as to which were small poses as opposed to large ones. Any help would be appreciated.

rhettyeakley
01-03-2010, 11:58 PM
The '23 w/ the coupon is worth a bit because they are not easy to find that way.

I took a quick look at your list and noticed the following names as being more difficult, but certainly this is not a comprehensive listing.

-Halla (one of the most beautiful cards ever made, only horizontal in the set--high demand)
-Weaver (Buck Weaver -- 1919 Black Sox fame)
-Arlett (tough)
-Bernard (tough)
-Heitmuller (tough)
-Holland (if it is the large then it is tough)
-Kerns (kinda tough)
-Lindsey (kinda tough and a family member horading them)
-McKune (tough)
-Noyes (sorta tough)
-Peckinpaugh (long major league career-not really a tough card though)
-Smith (SF) -(tough)

Again, I just looked quickly at the list
-Rhett

CardPricer.com
01-04-2010, 03:38 AM
We have a large repository of zeenut images. We're still working on integrating them into the main part of the site, but in the meantime, they are all located here: http://www.cardpricer.com/card_images/index.php?dir=Zeenuts%2F

Hope that helps

Jacklitsch
01-04-2010, 05:28 AM
Here is my PhotoBucket site with 120/122 1911 Zeenuts in my collection. (No scan of Bernard or Bohen):

http://s52.photobucket.com/albums/g5/jacklitsch1/1911%20Zeenut/

Jacklitsch@comcast.net

ptowncoug3012
01-04-2010, 05:49 PM
Rhett:
Thanks for the info.

ptowncoug3012
01-04-2010, 05:55 PM
Jack:
Great shots. I took a quick glance while at work with regard to trying to determine the poses. VCP has at least 5 or 6 of the players as having two cards one featuring a small pose and the other a large pose. However, the site doesn't have a photo of a player for both the small and the large pose and to be honest they all look like small poses even the only where they don't have a small pose, but a large pose.
You have the Delmas that I have. Do you consider that a small or large pose? Also, are you aware of Delmas having another pose in this series?

matthew
01-04-2010, 06:00 PM
Just had to post to say that must be an awesome feeling to open up a safe deposit box & find a card collection like that.

Congrats. If possible, I wish you would keep them together. It would be pretty tough (& expensive) to put it back together.

Jacklitsch
01-04-2010, 06:10 PM
Jack:
Great shots. I took a quick glance while at work with regard to trying to determine the poses. VCP has at least 5 or 6 of the players as having two cards one featuring a small pose and the other a large pose. However, the site doesn't have a photo of a player for both the small and the large pose and to be honest they all look like small poses even the only where they don't have a small pose, but a large pose.
You have the Delmas that I have. Do you consider that a small or large pose? Also, are you aware of Delmas having another pose in this series?

I don't know whether my Delmas is large or small pose. I do know that there are two different sizes of Delmas in the set.

Some other examples: Heitmuller (2); Howard (2); Moore (2); Smith (2); Arlett (3); McKune (2); Holland (2); Moskiman (2)(actually same size pose just different lettering style); Noyes (2); Brown (2); Burrell (2); Carson (3); Hitt (2); Raleigh (2); Stinson (2).

List may not be complete. Collector Ben Yourg is one who collects the "master" set. Hope he'll chime in. Mark Macrae is another obvious good reference point.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g5/jacklitsch1/1911%20Zeenut/Delmas.jpg

Ben Yourg
01-04-2010, 07:01 PM
Hello, those Delmas cards are "small".The large one has a little larger
letters and the players body is bigger. His bottom foot almost touches
the bottom picture border and his left arm almost touches the right
border. Some of the large cards have very much larger letters.
thanks,
Ben