PDA

View Full Version : Tons of Questions about 1936 Goudey Black and White?

timber63401
01-03-2010, 08:40 PM
I think Im going to put this little set together in EX+. Probably a small and easy task for most of you but with my income it will be a somewhat challenge for me. How hard are these cards to come by in EX? How hard are these cards to find in general? Is there a big problem with reprints and fakes with this set? WOuld it be much easier and cheaper to just shoot for a VG set? ANy info would be appreciated. Thanks.

marcdelpercio
01-04-2010, 10:38 AM
This set can be completed relatively easily and inexpensively as it is small and contains no super high dollar cards or rarities. They are not extremely common but are pretty widely available if you search regularly. You should be able to complete the set in EX condition without too much difficulty. If you are patient for some deals, you should be able to complete the set for under $1k.

There was a TCMA reprint set of these (which are clearly marked as such). Other than that, I have not seen any fakes or reprints as this would seem an unlikely set to reprint since there are no very high dollar cards. I have seen these misidentified on eBay as the Wide Pen Premiums which have very similar designs but are much larger cards.

Good luck with your set!

fkw
01-05-2010, 07:11 PM
Just curious...

Which exact set are you referring too? There are a couple that could be called 1936 Goudey B&W

If your talking the R322 set (game on back), its one of the easiest/cheapest of the 1930's era

example R322
http://centuryoldcards.com/images/1936r322harris1.jpg

If your talking R314 (5 subsets), then its far far more challenging because of the Canadian Minor Leaguers which are very rare.

R314A example
http://centuryoldcards.com/images/1936r314aharris.jpg

JLange
01-05-2010, 07:25 PM
A few I picked up on ebay last year. Inexpensive, but they aren't seen as often as other goudeys.

Robextend
01-05-2010, 07:30 PM
Picked this up a few months back...