PDA

View Full Version : Kren Hornsby Bat Help

bigfish
01-02-2010, 07:41 PM
Hello:

I have this Kren Hornsby bat. I assume it is a store model. Wondering around what year it was made? 34 inches long. Has a "P" carved or stamped on the bottom and top of the bat. (top of knob and bottom of the barrel) Any help would be appreciated.

sayhey24
01-02-2010, 09:28 PM
That's a real nice bat -- I'd say early to mid 30s. Generally Kren's gamers would say "hand turned" in the center label, but I'm sure there is a Kren's expert who can tell you more. I can't tell from the angle of the knob photo, but does it have Hornsby's small knob?

Greg

KrenBats
01-03-2010, 09:11 AM
I agree, great bat. Based on some of my Kren catologs, Kren offered "Players' Style Models" in lenghts 33" to 36". The Klouter line was described as follows:

In the Klouter, we offer a fine quality line of bats in slighty lighter weights than the Kren's Special but made from selected second growth ash, thoroughly air seasoned, finished and treated the same as the Kren's Special. Made in the autograph and player style of models. Lengths 33" to 36"

My opinion is that is a really nice store model bat, but there is no way of telling if it was used professionally.

Also, "Hand Turned" on the label does not always mean that it's game used/professional bat. The majority of the Kren bats from the Louisville Slugger "Barn Find" had model numbers on the labels (although some were "Hand Turned").

Mike