PDA

View Full Version : Bigger scans of 3 page letter signed by Thomas L. Turner. Scout for Connie Mack.

KNH
12-29-2009, 08:13 PM
Any help on this letter is greatly appreciated. Does anyone know if there is any value to a letter like this? It is a 3 page letter from Thomas L. Turner who was a scout for Connie Mack. It was written to Roy Mellinger who played minor league ball from '14-'17. The letter is written not printed and mentions Connie Mack. Here is what it says:

June 17th 19,
"Friend Roy,
Well how are you old pal? Are you still playing ball? If you are free and in good shape, I can place you in South Atlantic League at $175.00 per month and transportation Lancaster to South Carolina. This club is in need of a left hand pitcher, if you cannot accept
Page 2
the above proposition, do you know of a good southpaw that would go good in fast Class "b" league Can also use good (?) 2nd baseman. I'm scouting for Connie Mack will be back in Philada? this Friday. write me on receipt of this letter. Good Luck
Page 3
I'll arrange everything for you. I'll have Pres of Club wire you."
Your Friend
Thomas L. Turner (name is signed not printed)
% Shibe Park
21st & Lehigh Ave.
Philada Athletics scout
Philada. Pa.

KNH
01-01-2010, 08:29 AM
Bumping for those who may have been away and not seen it yet.

Jay Wolt
01-01-2010, 09:03 AM
Very cool letter, thanks for sharing

GoldenAge50s
01-01-2010, 10:10 AM
Kary--

Perhaps if you made the page scans big enough to read you would get more comment & an idea of possible value.

KNH
01-01-2010, 12:13 PM
Fred,
I have tried to resize my pictures in photobucket and nothing works. Anyone who uses photobucket have any suggestions?

GoldenAge50s
01-01-2010, 04:52 PM
Kary---

On this Board you can import photos straight from your computer w/out a hosting site.

Just rescan your pages w/out resizing them quite so small.

KNH
01-02-2010, 09:17 AM
I finally got it figured out. Hopefully these scans will help. Thank you Fred for all your help.

KNH
01-03-2010, 10:30 AM
One last bump in case anyone missed it. Looking for an idea as to what the value may be if there is any. Thanks.