PDA

View Full Version : Biggest grading disappointment?

Theoldprofessor
12-28-2009, 08:07 PM
Everybody feels screwed by grading companies, but some hits are worse than others.

What grading fiasco makes you want to cry? Here's mine... Sure it's off-center, but not as much as others that have no such qualifier. And it's the Babe, and he's the only 9 I own, and why does HE have to be the one? I'd have been happier if he were a 7 (oc).

teetwoohsix
12-29-2009, 02:34 PM
They just had a post about this recently-I think(imo)you should send that card to SGC for crossover(no,I do not work for them).It is a wonderful looking card,and I hate the OC and MC and MK tags PSA put on their labels.Many probably don't agree with me,but like I said-it's just my opinion.............
Respectfully,Clayton

cozmokramer
12-29-2009, 06:12 PM
OC... or any qualifier should just affect the overall number grade. No need for any designation other than the number

ghostmarcelle
12-29-2009, 06:54 PM
my opinion has always been that the more information the better - so a 9oc is much more descriptive than just EX. But in this age of registrys there just seems to be a huge stigma with qualifiers.

ullmandds
12-29-2009, 07:26 PM
I have never liked the qualifiers...especially the off center(oc). I've seen PSA cards labeled OC that couldnt have been worse than 45-55...left to right or top to bottom...and then you get obvious ones like that ruth. it is a beautiful card...but is definitely oc top to bottom.

Thrill-of-the-Hunt
12-29-2009, 10:28 PM
the cards centering top to bottom may yield an sgc 84/7 but not totally sure as it may not measure to their standards. to have Mint corners on that card is amazing, what bothers me is the baggy and unfitted holder, just a sloppy job. you'd think psa could afford a holder that fits better.

did you really think the card would get a straight 9 or were your expectations lower?

kmac32
12-30-2009, 01:34 PM
Had a PSA koester Bread Elmer Miller card rated good that I sent in as Koester Bread and SGC sent it back graded as a W575-1 Elmer Miller poor. Talked with SGC and later found out that on this card they always call them W575-1. I wasn't very happy with SGC for that one.

Robextend
12-30-2009, 01:46 PM
Never liked the qualifier, maybe its just me, but whenever I see a qualifier I find myself still trying to assess the "true" grade.