PDA

View Full Version : Customer Service at Auction Houses

bcbgcbrcb
12-21-2009, 01:47 PM
In what order would you rank the level of customer service (answers to item description questions, status of payment/shipping, etc.) at each of the following auction houses:

REA
Hunt
Goodwin
Huggins
Lelands

Rob D.
12-21-2009, 01:58 PM
In my experience, REA is first and everyone else is tied for a distant, distant second.

A bit of irony regarding Hunt: I think they do a fine job with customer service, but I've had more issues with them (poor packaging, damaged item, wrong shipping address, failure to log a bid, etc.) than with any other auction house. But they've always worked hard to resolve the problems. I just wish they'd work harder to prevent them.

slidekellyslide
12-21-2009, 05:28 PM
I've dealt with Hunt's more than any of the others and they are top notch, have always been expedient with shipping and have always sent out a notice when the item(s) were shipped. They've made corrections to items where I've noticed a mistake, et cetera. I've only bought from Rob at REA once, but everything was perfect, only one purchase from Legendary/Mastro and it was perfect too. Never dealt with Lelands or Huggins although I have participated...just never been lucky or rich enough to win.

carrigansghost
12-21-2009, 05:54 PM
I have found Hunt's and B&L to be great to deal with. Hunt did recently take 3 months to ship an item, but I have no doubt that I will continue to deal with them as they were very helpful on the phone.

Rawn

Cat
12-21-2009, 06:02 PM
The top three are very good. Fourth place is a distant 4th. Fifth place is a distant 5 behind 4.

1. REA - has been super fast with shipping and paying for consignments. I have never had a complaint.
2. Goodwin - never had a problem and have bought and consigned many times over the years.
3. Huggins - I have bought from them several times and I have no complaints. They are starting to move up my preferred list because of their new sliding buyers premium scale. I believe I may consign to them in the future.
4. Hunt - I reserved a phone line for their last auction and never got a call. It also bothers me that they do not have back scans for most of their cards and I was burned by this once, although I don't think they did this on purpose. Their website is the absolute worst.
5. Lelands - I have been tricked by their scans. During their last auction I requested back scans and never received them. Lelands is on my "bid as a last resort list."

bigfish
12-21-2009, 06:10 PM
My expeirences:

Goodwin
Huggins
Sloate
REA
Hunt
Luckey/Brockleman
Lelands

Wesley
12-21-2009, 06:34 PM
I have found REA and Goodwin to be the two most reliable auction houses in terms of customer service.

1. REA - Rob ships immediately upon receipt of payment, and he sends payment almost immediately after the conclusion of the auction.

2. Goodwin - I have purchased many cards from Goodwin over the years and have never had any problems. Bill is always accessible by telephone when I have questions, and he has always shipped my cards immediately upon receipt of my checks.

3. Huggins - The one time I won a card, Huggins waited approximately ten days for my check to clear before sending.

4. Lelands - It has been a few years since I purchased from Lelands but I recall it was a smooth transaction.

5. Hunt - I have never made a purchase from Hunt as I never seem to be available for the live events. Others have told me that Hunt has failed to call during bidding time despite early requests for telephone lines.

6. Legendary/Mastro - Very slow with payment for consignments, although it could have been during the transition period when they switched names. No problems with purchases though.

perezfan
12-22-2009, 06:38 PM
My list goes like this, as I have dealt with them all numerous times. The "gaps" below are intended, btw....

1. REA

2. Hunts

3. (tie) Lelands
3. (tie) Goodwin

5. H & S

The #5 ranking for H & S is not a "slam" by any means, as they are all very good. The 4 others you listed just happen to be exceptional (especially REA)

Being a LIVE auction, Hunts has the most opportunity/potential for error (anyone who has attended a Hunt Live Auction can see the potential for mayhem). I think they do an amazing job, considering the 4 types of bidding that come in (Absentee, Internet, Phone, and In-person). I have heard others complain about phone bidding and some shipping errors. But I have dealt with Hunt's more than any other, and have never encountered the slightest problem. As a consignor, they have always brought strong prices, and as a bidder they have provided me with some of my finest pieces. In the recent Louisville Slugger Auction, 3 of the 4 items I won were as a phone bidder... smooth as silk!