PDA

View Full Version : Vitali Klitschko vs. Kevin Johnson

teetwoohsix
12-16-2009, 07:19 PM
Did anyone else see the fight?I think Johnson bit off more than he could chew on this fight.I was disappointed that the fight didn't end with a KO.Johnson did a lot of things to try to taunt Vitali,like licking his lips after getting punched(as though to say his punches were weak),but in the end-IMO-Johnson looked pathetic.I guess his main goal was to just make it through all twelve rounds without getting laid out.Johnson hardly threw any punches!!I'd like to hear anyone elses opinion of this fight if possible.

D. Bergin
12-16-2009, 09:40 PM
Johnson did what was expected. He's got zero punch so he couldn't afford to get into a slugfest with Vitali. He has only 5 career KO's.

He's got a nice jab but that's about his only weapon and Vitali has the perfect size and defense against a jabber.

There's no way Johnson could have conceivably won that fight short of a freak injury to Klitschko.

I think he did what he set out to do. Last the distance, make Vitali look a bit clumsy and set himself up for a few paydays down the road with some of the other less then stellar contenders in the division.

Exhibitman
12-17-2009, 06:19 AM
That was the dullest fight I've ever seen: Vitali Klitschko v. a breathing walking heavy bag. I don't think anyone would pay to see KJ fight again after that stinkeroo performance. I'd be surprised to see him ever shown on tv again.

Rich Klein
12-17-2009, 12:27 PM
I've seen some bad fights as well. Late in career Muhammad Ali vs Jimmy Young or vs Alfredo Evangelista were two of the terrible fights in Ali's long career.

I know there are more; but those are 2 that came to mind immediately for me

Rich

David W
12-17-2009, 01:07 PM
I've seen some bad fights as well. Late in career Muhammad Ali vs Jimmy Young or vs Alfredo Evangelista were two of the terrible fights in Ali's long career.

I know there are more; but those are 2 that came to mind immediately for me

Rich

How about this thriller.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCWHcuXCLRo

Antonio Inoki

Jerry G
12-17-2009, 03:18 PM
Johnson fought as if he was afraid of getting of hurt. He had no intention of engaging Klitschko. His taunting was merely to cover up that sad fact and keep face.

Last night after midnight, ESPN showed Carman Basilio vs. Tony DeMarco, 1955. That was awesome! What a contrast to Mr. Johnson's exhibition.

Rich Klein
12-17-2009, 06:16 PM
And each time; the KO of DeMarco occured almost at the exact same time in the fight.

Fascinating trivia. I believe one of those 2 fights were the Ring fight of the year.

Rich