PDA

View Full Version : T207 blue C Davis - anybody have a scan of one?

Sixtofan
12-13-2009, 08:02 AM
In my quest to complete the set I recently posted my wantlist on the BST. I have received a number of messages and a link to an older thread on NET54 questioning whether this card truly exists. The original thread was in 2007. I was wondering if anyone has a scan of the "blue C Davis"? Whether a simple printing error or a variation, would like to see one.

Thanks to all who have taken the time to help educate me over the years on this wonderful board!

Edited to add - was also sent a link to a 2005 thread which apparently had a scan. Would love to see it if someone has it. Thanks again

bcornell
12-13-2009, 09:15 AM
It exists, although it's just a minor printing gaffe and shouldn't have been catalogued unless they also included the rest of the T207's that are slightly off in some way.

http://www.t207.com/images/other/t207_davis_blue.jpg

tbob
12-13-2009, 10:37 AM
Bill is correct, it is a printing error, not a variation and should not be included as a separate card in he master set of T207s.
The other "fly in the ointment" cards in T207 are the numerous "wrong back" cards. At first there were only two pairs which had swapped backs and they were listed in most card lists as unique variations but in the last ten years several other swapped back cards have surfaced and I believe many people who list the master set cards have omitted these swapped backs cards (and the blue C Davis) from their lists.

caramelcard
12-13-2009, 11:44 AM
Yeah, we don't need anymore cards/variation to make the T207 set harder do we?

What's the deal with these wrong backed cards too? Wagner and Carrigan.

Are they just miscut or soemthing?

Sixtofan
12-13-2009, 12:20 PM
I don't get too excited about wrong backs - I just think of them as a mistake at the printer but everyone has their own opinion.

sb1
12-13-2009, 01:45 PM
I persuaded Bob L to delist the two listed wrongbacks a few years ago, several others exist, I have 2 that were not listed, both are split back errors, one more fully than the other. The Davis Blue C should be delisted as well.

Scott

Bob Lemke
12-14-2009, 03:07 PM
from the Standard Catalog for several editions. Starting with the 2011 book, we'll remove the note in the set intro that mentions the card was once listed.