PDA

View Full Version : Anyone see 20/20 last night? Photoshopping and autograph signings?

RichardSimon
12-12-2009, 07:29 AM
20/20 had an episode last night in which they showed photographs of rock stars which were Photoshopped to make it appear that the stars were signing guitars, when in fact they were not.
Don't believe everything you see.
---

drc
12-12-2009, 12:55 PM
Visa vie photo documentation of signings, a Polaroid is almost always original and the only copy. The Polaroid process was unique in that it was designed to make just a single photo minutes after it was shot. It wasn't designed to make 20 copies like with a Kodak snapshot or digital photo, and the image is substantially harder to manipulate or alter. Polaroids have traditionally been used in police detective work, in part because you can check the image quality on the spot (and retake it if it is poor) and in part because they are considered more reliable documentation of evidence.

I remember the episode of of the British historical comedy Black Adder where the protagonists blackmailed a 17th century (or thereabouts) bishop with a painting of him in a compromising position. "And don't bother trying to destroy the painting," the protagonist said, "We have the preliminary sketches."

batsballsbases
12-12-2009, 06:43 PM
Hi Richard,
Yes I watched it and found it very intresting. It was amazing to me to see how they can photo shop those pictures to make them look like the star was really signing the items. To bad it just gives another black eye to the autograph industry. But as they always say if there is money to be made someone will find a way to take it from you!!!!!!!!! :eek::eek: