PDA

View Full Version : New Roach's corner NEW YEARS AUCTION IS UP!!

GrayGhost
12-11-2009, 08:23 AM
My day has been made, feel free to post favorite lots you are bookmarking, or want to rip apart. I'll just start the ball rolling. Man, amazing how CC has the ONLY signed letter for a signed photo request of Matty Ive ever seen:mad:

http://www.myccsa.com/Lot/201/christy-mathewson-giants-hand-writtensignedcertified-letter.aspx

Also take a look at lots 666-700, some real "treasures" there highlighted by.

http://www.myccsa.com/Lot/201/titanic-crew-autographedcertified-cut-by-5-rare.aspx

COME ON. If someone can't shut these clowns down, theres no justice in the world.

For rest of auction..

www.myccsa.com

Enjoy..

scooter729
12-11-2009, 10:16 AM
Chris Morales' talents are endless - he can authenticate crew members' signatures from the Titanic! Most impressive!

I'll pass on this one though; in next month's auction, I heard Morales will be authenticating signatures from the waitstaff from the Lusitania.

GrayGhost
12-11-2009, 11:24 AM
Yeah, there are lots of exemplars of the Titanic Crew members...

For those interested, such hysterical (get it.? :)) signatures as G Washington, John Hancock, an Abe Lincoln handwritten letter, JFK Ball, Amelia Earhart, Custer, Sitting Bull, Stonewall Jackson, and Ulysses S. Grant, and BENEDICT ARNOLD, are amongst the many rare items that Morales and the Team at Roach's corner bring you this month for all of your collecting needs.

Next Month, an incredibly rare signed Pontius Pilate document, not to mention signed items from James Creighton, Mike King Kelly (another in the huge "warehouse find" of Kelly by CC), Buck Ewing, and many others, plus..

An INCREDIBLE Photo, handsigned by Jackson, Gandil, Weaver, Felsch, Risberg, McMullin, Williams and Cicotte and inscribed "Game Eight, we will not be cheaters". signed by all EIGHT MEN OUT. Valued in the mid Thousands, yours for a starting bed of 50.00, only at Roach's Corner Auctions. :o

pow323
12-11-2009, 11:35 AM
What I would like to know is why so many people are bidding on there things? And bidding high! Do you think that people know what they are getting? Does not look like it to me. Or is there some shill bidding there? :confused:

GrayGhost
12-11-2009, 11:44 AM
I think its part Moron factor and part shills.

barrysloate
12-11-2009, 12:14 PM
I have a ball signed by Moses...maybe I'll consign it.

pscolgrafs
12-11-2009, 12:21 PM
I'm not sure they are bidding high as these items command so little respect.

This will continue to happen until the Government recognizes that this is an issue. After all, we fish through the crap every month and we are no longer surprised by the large quantities of Babe Ruth's and Ty Cobb's or even Christy Mathewson's that we focus on the truly bizarre like...that person who obtained ship crew signatures and it just so happens, one of the ships became famous long after the fact and why not consign it to...Coach's Corner!

I thought the Bonnie and Clyde (which sold for $260, what did you say Ted on your page? If the price is too good to be true, it probably is?) was amusing, I can't wait for the next auction!

And they have sold complete 1919 Black Sox items in thhe past. They have no (that I know) sold any Button Gwinnett or William Shakespeare signatures, or any of the biblical figures like that elusive signer, John The Baptist.

THIS JOHN THE BAPTIST CAN BE SEEN FROM TWELVE FEET AWAY!

keithsky
12-11-2009, 12:36 PM
Since the Bonnie and Clyde in Coachs Corner only went for 260.00 maybe next auction they will have an album page signed by Adam and Eve. Need it to complete my collection of famous couples

JasonL
12-11-2009, 12:54 PM

It won't authenticate, though, unless it's on a Pete Rozelle baseball :D

barrysloate
12-11-2009, 01:40 PM
Jason- some guy found it in his grandfather's attic.

Lordstan
12-11-2009, 01:47 PM

I heard they found a wood stick dual signed and inscribed by Moses and P Ramses. Moses added "Let My People Go".

mr2686
12-11-2009, 02:13 PM
...but did Moses date it?

RichardSimon
12-11-2009, 02:16 PM
I heard next month will be a letter signed by Confederate General Pickett, dated July3,1863. Consigned by the Confederate Widows of Alabama (Darren Daulton's mom is a member, and he was so happy with his results he convinced them to consign to the Roaches).
The letter says: "I told Lee that this charge was gonna be a lost cause but that damn Bobby said go for it"
And this one can be seen from 15 feet away.

perezfan
12-11-2009, 02:18 PM
That's just because it's written in Sharpie...

D. Bergin
12-11-2009, 02:20 PM
I've heard from a good source that Coach's Corner's next auction will be comprised entirely of Autographs from fictional characters.

Get ready for:
Superman signed pajamas
Macbeth signed human skull
Atticus Finch signed lawyers notepad
Keyser Soze signed walking stick
Sherlock Holmes signed pipe (well used, worth in the thousands)

The actual Pie from the movie "American Pie". Also, well used. :eek:

RichardSimon
12-11-2009, 02:29 PM
Don't forget,, according to the description from the roaches the cut signature of Benedict Arnold is suitable for matting and framing,, just what I want on my wall, next to my Abraham Lincoln document, a signature of a traitor.

D. Bergin
12-11-2009, 02:44 PM
I often wonder how many legitimate items have been rendered worthless, simply because they passed through the hands of a Coach's Corner employee.

barrysloate
12-11-2009, 02:49 PM
I often wonder how a company like CC can continue to sell this stuff for years and years and still remain in business. Why weren't they shut down five years ago? For them to keep doing this continually doesn't say a lot for law enforcement.

Lordstan
12-11-2009, 11:00 PM
Newly found from a private collection. Going to headline the next auction.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/lordstan/Lou/AdamandEve.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/lordstan/Lou/last-supper.jpg

GrayGhost
12-12-2009, 09:52 AM
I'm amazed at the strength of the signatures. Valued in the high thousands, and authenticated by Chris "I'd authenticate an Attila the Hun signature for a hundred bucks" Morales.

mr2686
12-12-2009, 03:57 PM
I doubt the Thomas is good. Looks like a clubhouse version to me.

brickyardkennedy
12-12-2009, 05:15 PM
"and also bears our ridiculously low reserve price so that we may actually run an auction..."

But mainly because nobody would pay more than a few bucks for this crap, anyhow.