PDA

View Full Version : Redskins cut Shaun Suisham

Abravefan11
12-08-2009, 05:59 PM
With everything bad that has gone on with the Skins this year is this the right move? Given the two costly field goals that Suisham has missed in the last two weeks is there a real benefit to the team right now in letting this guy go?

As a die hard Skins fan I cringed at both of the missed field goals. However Washington had leads at the time of both misses that required TD's to tie or beat them. In the case of the Saints game after the miss the D gave up a TD, then the offense won the toss in OT only to fumble the ball away.

Suisham was 18-21 this year and I doubt they get someone better to replace him.

mintacular
12-08-2009, 06:01 PM
It might be one of those decisions to "send a message" to the rest of the team....

HRBAKER
12-08-2009, 06:25 PM
They have bigger problems than the kicker.

Abravefan11
12-08-2009, 06:37 PM
It might be one of those decisions to "send a message" to the rest of the team....

I see your point but with everything they have going wrong right now cutting the kicker isn't going to be much of a message. It will be essentially forgotten in a couple of days until it's time for another big kick.

If the Skins were cutting players based on performance, a lot of guys should have been gone before Suisham.

nolemmings
12-08-2009, 10:08 PM
I would have cut him Sunday night. You cannot miss that kick. Period. HE cost them the game against an undefeated team and also played a huge part in the loss to Dallas. Skins aren't going anywhere anyway, but it would have made a great impact upon the season if they would have beat the hated Cowboys and an undefeated team.

I truly doubt there is a guy in that locker room that had any faith left in Suisham. Others may have contributed to the loss as well, but his was the easiest job and he flat out blew it. Hit the road.

Abravefan11
12-09-2009, 05:24 AM
I would have cut him Sunday night. You cannot miss that kick. Period. HE cost them the game against an undefeated team and also played a huge part in the loss to Dallas. Skins aren't going anywhere anyway, but it would have made a great impact upon the season if they would have beat the hated Cowboys and an undefeated team.

I truly doubt there is a guy in that locker room that had any faith left in Suisham. Others may have contributed to the loss as well, but his was the easiest job and he flat out blew it. Hit the road.

Well said and I can't argue with any of it. I guess at the end of the day it is one of the easier positions to fill moving forward.

Abravefan11
12-20-2009, 06:24 AM
If Nick Folk has a job tomorrow I will be shocked!

Mikehealer
12-20-2009, 07:15 AM
If Nick Folk has a job tomorrow I will be shocked!
Me too, but he was one of the best kickers in the league his first two years
in the league and now he just can't seem to make one. He's got the kicking
yips.