PDA

View Full Version : Has the Legendary Auction been extended?

Vintagecatcher
12-08-2009, 03:51 PM
I noticed that the time left on the Legendary Auction says 7 days and 5 hours for an auction that originally was slated to end tonight. Has the auction been extended from the original end dates or is there an error in their count down clock?

Patrick

Matt
12-08-2009, 03:55 PM
they extended it and sent an email today explaining.

"Legendary Photo Auction Closing Dates - RESCHEDULED for Tuesday & Wednesday, December 15 & 16

It has come to our attention that, in many cases, the Legendary Photography Auction Catalog has just reached the hands of collectors ... and in some cases it hasn't yet arrived at all! We feel that it is appropriate -- in order to ensure that our bidders have an ample opportunity to view the catalog prior to bidding -- that we delay the auction's close by one week. We urge customers who have not received their catalogs to contact us at customerservice@legendaryauctions.com.

All of the bidding rules remain the same, but the auction will now close Tuesday & Wednesday, December 15 & 16.

Based on the method of shipment, this catalog is sent out much earlier than our Premium Auction Catalogs. Apparently, though -- likely due to the Thanksgiving Holiday -- this schedule did not allow enough time for all of the catalogs to be delivered. For those of you who have their catalogs and have already been actively bidding, we apologize in advance for any inconvenience that this may have caused."

Vintagecatcher
12-08-2009, 03:57 PM
I guess they didn't send the email to everyone?

Patrick

Vintagecatcher
12-08-2009, 04:03 PM
Matt,

Thanks for forwarding the information.

Patrick

sox1903wschamp
12-08-2009, 04:17 PM
Yes thanks Matt. You must be one of the "great" customers of Legendary because I have not seen that e-mail. I am sure the e-mail notification is "on it's way" :)

Matt
12-08-2009, 04:24 PM
It must be bizzaro week in the sportscard auction world. First Leon wins a card that the seller grossly undergraded by several grades and now we've got people complaining they aren't receiving enough emails from an auction house :)
If I was a consignor to any of the auctions ending this week, I'd be concerned about what might happen next...

HRBAKER
12-08-2009, 06:38 PM
Easy Matt, in the end the House always wins.